Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
See that's the problem. Someone tries to have a reasonable discussion after comments made, and you come back with a comment like this.

My question to you is, how do you think you are representing Mann, your team, your coach, and, most important, your players? You may not have started this, but you have responded by making some pretty outrageous comments.

MT4ME #161846 03/23/13 02:37 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Its not my problem you were born without a sense of humor. I pull for Mann from a distant. The anti-christ set up their schedule this year and Hanna will be their 8th straight road game so I have no idea how good they are.Obviously sarcasm doesn't translate well over a blog. Sorry Mann for my poor representation of your school. More than happy to have a reasonable discussion when a reasonable questioned is asked. Untill than just passing the time.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

Quote:

I better see some bashing of Christ Church and Dutch Fork today for all you holier than thou posters. And please tell me what is ignorant about dropping a sport program that doesn't have the athletes to support it. Also there is no validity in any high school sports stats. College coaches watch film on kids; not read stat sheets. A running back gaining 5000 yards for Christ is different from a running back gaining 5000 yards at Byrnes.

It appears passingthetime suffers from Christ Church Envy.
Many Mann parents suffer from this. They so badly want their kids to go there, but just cannot afford it.

Really. I mean really. any comment Mavs dad. But you are right. No title IX there

Last edited by Passingthetime; 03/23/13 02:41 PM.
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I better see some bashing of Christ Church and Dutch Fork today for all you holier than thou posters. And please tell me what is ignorant about dropping a sport program that doesn't have the athletes to support it. Also there is no validity in any high school sports stats. College coaches watch film on kids; not read stat sheets. A running back gaining 5000 yards for Christ is different from a running back gaining 5000 yards at Byrnes.

It appears passingthetime suffers from Christ Church Envy.
Many Mann parents suffer from this. They so badly want their kids to go there, but just cannot afford it.

Really. I mean really. any comment Mavs dad. But you are right. No title IX there

I agree with your Christ Church sentiment. They at times will scrimmage a Riverside or Greenville, but their classification and conference is a joke. To say a 1A or 2A Private School is the same as an Allendale or McCormick is ludicrous.

Cajunkid #161849 03/23/13 02:59 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
But there is no drugs or alchohol. You can recruit and everybody gets to play a sport. Avoiding the real world is priceless

J
Brace
Brace
J
Do the odds on your daughter getting a scholarship to a college....for the amount of money you pump out for your kids to play soccer, it just isn't worth it in the end. Just put all of that money into an account and pay for college. Or better yet, get an academic scholarship. Just saying...

Second...why not put a mercy rule in place? Here in Illinois where I am now, if the score gets run up to a 7 goal differential, you cut the remaining time in half. It works nicely. There is no point to score more points than 10 if the other team isn't even close. It serves no purpose, and as a referee....can cause injuries to happen because of the other team getting mad. Just show some sportsmanship and get over yourselves.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Wow Mavs Dad. You sure did stir it up!

Game between RHS and Mauldin ended up interesting. It started out slow but picked up intensity early in the second. Could have gone either way. Rematch should be interesting. Hope you make it.

As for Mann running up scores, that's up to their coach. It's certainly not something I'm used to seeing, but whatever either makes you feel big or you think is best for your team is their choice.

However, it does result in a complete devaluation of stats. You simply can't look at absolute stats to compare players. Some coaches run up scores and players pad stats while other coaches sit their best players until the team isn't allowed to score anymore.

The net result is that pure individual stats are meaningless. It would be interesting to also see stats only from games against teams that ultimately make the playoffs. Or stats only from games against teams that have a positive goal differential. Those might be interesting for comparisons (you'd need to compare points per game since game counts wouldn't match).

Oh yeah. Final observation. One poster here is by far the rudest, most ignorant poster I've seen on this board, ever (and that's saying something).

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Stop. You making me blush. Did some inside investigation and found out the new coach believes in scoring till the whistle blows. Sorry

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
JAK,
Good to see you post again. I do plan on making the rematch. I hate to see conference games end in PK’s. Why can’t there be a point system? 3 for a win, 1 for a tie and weight the away goals. It seems to work all over the world, why not here?
As for our rude ignorant poster, he does make me laugh.

Only time will tell
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
I am looking forward to reading passingthetime's comments tomorrow after Mann destroys Hanna tonight.

A 5-0 victory will show Mann is the real deal. But who knows, maybe it will be 12-0 or 15-0.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard