Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Please tell me the riverside vs wade hampton score was a misprint or were you just showing really good sportsmanship.

Last edited by Passingthetime; 03/26/13 11:10 AM.
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Rumor has it, both teams held hands and sang Kum Ba Yah after the match.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Careful. Thats our alma mater. We get royalties anytime someone else sings it.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Stop. You making me blush. Did some inside investigation and found out the new coach believes in scoring till the whistle blows. Sorry

This is true! He's all about scoring as many as possible. His opinion is the other team has a job to do. Kind of refreshing actually, as previously we'd rather possess just to hold the ball rather than work on attacking soccer that we lacked in the bigger games. What good was it to hold the ball for 65% of the match only to have Mauldin or Hanna beat us 1-0 or 2-1.

@chicagoredstars
M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Isn't it possible to possess the ball and work on the attack? Use the opportunity to work on timing of runs, beating offsides, passing etc., then bring the ball down and shoot wide or over the top. It's doesn't have to be keep away. You can still work on what needs to be worked on to win the big game.

My question is, if it becomes about stats, scoring and recognition, do the players lose sight of what they will need to do to win the bigger games? Do they play the game the way it should be played or do they simply run it forward as far as they can and shoot? Are players taking 15 shots instead of passing it off to the player that actually has the shot? Having not seen a Mann game, I have no idea. But, we all know you can still score a lot of goals while playing bad soccer against weaker teams, and that type soccer won't go nearly as far against a better team and a better defense. Only time will tell if this will help or hurt in the long run.

It's up to each coach to decide how to handle this, but I do think there are ways to work on possession and attack without scoring as many goals as you possibly can.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
He has 23 players on the team. I assume he is playing them all. Its one thing to get the starters to kick it around, use their left foot or only score on headers but then you start getting the reserves in and try holding them back. But no doubt it never hurts to get the team to constantly work on connecting passes, crossing and using the left foot.He is a new coach to the high school ranks so maybe the coaches will start bending his ear soon. Interesting to see tonight how 3 weeks of weak opponents will affect their play.

Passingthetime #161861 03/26/13 07:30 PM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Too bad Harry banned Hobo from posting, he could give updates tonight about the Mann beat down of Hanna.

F
kick off
kick off
F
I think if you check with the Riverside fans they may indicate that Wade Hampton had several opportunities on goal during the game. WH probably won the possesaion game and total shots on goal as well as set pieces. If you go back to the Mauldin game they same probably holds true there as well. They went into the season with only one scrimmage before entering the Mauldin game. Several games have ended with PK's due to timing of players learning each other on offense. Second half of the season may be interesting. This team has talent...

S
bench
bench
S
Well I am looking forward to see where this discussion goes with Mann's win over Hanna tonight 4-2. Yes Mann has been running up the score and yes they have a new coach to the high school environment who is trying to learn his way. Putting your offense on defense and vice versa, playing your 2nd and 3rd string and playing down between 1-5 players sounds to me like he is trying not to run up the score. Not to mention he has been without 3 starting field players due to injury and his goal keeper out with broken hand/ recovering from surgery since pre - season. This team has a lot of talent - even their 2nd and 3rd string are strong players. Mann has had talent for a few years but was missing other key important elements of being a winning team. They now have a new coach that has been able to close those gaps, build team unity and really pull this team together and utilize those talents. Hanna is a great team and on any other day that score could have been flipped but I would say that this new coach that Mann has is doing a pretty good job.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Really enjoyed the game except for weather. Did not know the goalie has been out all year. Maybe this game will get them over the hump.Knowing how to win is the key. Hanna scored first and Mann responded 30 sec later and that was huge. Both have good defense. All of Hanna's opportunities came on breakaways.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard