Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
bench
OP Offline
bench
C
I'd have to say Pinewood Prep is looking strong as ever. Big win versus Porter Gaud who they lost to in the state finals last year, won the Azalea Shootout in the preseason. I was at their game versus Wando, and it was tied 0-0 till the last second when Wando finally broke through. They have games against academic magnet and socastee soon which will be a good measuring stick for the state rankings.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Appears there should be some shake up in the state Rankings after the past couple of weeks with a J.L. Mann loss to St. Joseph's, S. Aiken loss to Aiken, and Nation Ford loss to Ft. Mill.

Appears the top teams in the upstate are (no particular order)

St. Joseph's
J.L. Mann
Riverside
Eastside
Greenville

S
bench
bench
S
4A seems to be lacking in the overall talent that it has had in the years past. Lower state is a toss up. I think any team in the top 10 could represent Lower State in the Finals this year. Upper state seems to have a few teams that could contend including JL Mann and a few from the Rock Hill area region

D
Bench
Bench
D
Mauldin had a rough start, true, but seemed to have turned the corner lately. Their record is not indicative of their level of play. They played Dutch Fork, Lexington,and Northwestern close. They have also been unlucky in a few other close games. Don't count them out. Their next four conference games will determine their season. I expect them to finish in the top 2-3 in Region II AAAA.

T
bench
bench
T
Big surprise for me this year has been Irmo. Compared with years in the past and taking into account their mediocre start I think a lot of people wrote them off... They've got some pretty impressive young talent from the likes of Preston Graczyk, Caleb Jenkins, and Sam Padula. It will be interesting to see if they can get hot come play off time and surprise some folks.

D
Bench
Bench
D
Since March 14, Mauldin Boys have won 7 straight games. Not always pretty, but they are getting the job done. They recently beat Wade Hampton in sudden death PKs with a clutch keeper save by Junior Tyler Melson. They have Gaffney and Riverside as their next challenges.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard