Print Thread
#162705 04/16/13 11:17 AM
J
Jobu Offline OP
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
J
I've been noticing more and more tournaments are going to a game ball. I love the idea just because I'm a uniformity kind of guy. The one thing I've notice though is that most are going with Select. Every time we play in a tourney that uses these the kids complain that it's like heading a rock. So this past weekend I checked the air pressure at the ones they were using in Sumter and it was exactly what the recommended pressure on the side of the ball said. With all the attention being paid to head injuries I think it's time that we as coaches, administrators and refs be very careful with this.

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
that's interesting, I have some Vizari balls that my team does not like use for heading practice also. They love the Nike balls.

N
bench
bench
N
Quote:

that's interesting, I have some Vizari balls that my team does not like use for heading practice also. They love the Nike balls.

Uh, duh!

J
Jobu Offline OP
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
J
We have played in Columbia for st patty's day for a few years now and the game balls are usually overinflated and even when you get them to the proper psi they are still pretty hard. With all the attention being paid to concussions I think this is a good discussion to have. Every year I buy my teams a nike saber ball or adidas champions league final ball. They run about 40 or so a pop but they keep their shape and I have never had a player complain with either of them.

A
Bench
Bench
A
St Patricks Day cup balls are the worst. Used a pressure guage to check the ball and it was inflated to 17 PSI. Recommended was 8 to 10. Deflated our ball but not sure everyone else does. Even saw the refs letting air out of the balls. Those balls are like rocks.

Link Copied to Clipboard