Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
K
corner kick
corner kick
K
Is there a reason we couldn't do the same???

CN 4
Porter 1

CN vs PP this Saturday at 12pm at the College of Charleston

I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

To the point of the reason why the government is now trying to get involved...it is obvious dumb decisions like this that gives the SCHSL a deservedly black eye.

So insterad of SCHSL morons we will have the other set who know nothing involved.

I am certain that if Williams Brice was not playable they would have had a secondary option immediately not a t the last minute begin districts to play in their stadium

in fact who is the one doing the title 9 posting??? does Williams Brice facilities equate to Gilbert HS (no offense to the school)? is this a violation of the SCHSL?? maybe we should play the games at W B stadium???

If the soccer boys are playing at a similar venue, there is not an issue the OCR will do anything about. (the office of civil rights investigates Title IX issues for the dept of education)

If the football guys got to play for a championship and none of the girls in the state did, then you might have an issue.

Sorry, I know it is very weak to allow our sport to get religated to a far inferior venue. No reason not to have it at one of the colleges across the state.

B
brace
brace
B
Is there a reason we couldn't do the same???

CN 4
Porter 1

CN vs PP this Saturday at 12pm at the College of Charleston

-------
Yes. Stupidity.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

not to mention Gilbert playing at home if they make the final

Goal
Goal
The problem is the field vs the stands capacity. Most HS soccer is played on fields that are too narrow. Then, if you do play at a field that has the correct dimensions like Manchester Meadows, now you have the issues of the stands not being able to hold the amount of fans that want to attend.

Williams-Brice is too large to have the matches. A good field could be made there, but it would be like playing in a ghost town.

Brace
Brace
I urge all coaches who are still in it and those who are not to have THEIR PRINCIPAL CALL Mr. Singleton and ask that the finals be moved to USC. Mr. Singleton should not be able to say, with any truth, that he is not hearing from principals.
I also urge you to have your principals call or email Rep Chip Huggins and let him know that you have contacted Mr. Singleton.

Business Phone (803) 734-2971
Cell Phone (803) 331-8468
Home Phone (803) 732-4418
Business Phone (803) 732-2000

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
S
bench
bench
S
the state finals will not be regarded as highly due to the location this year, which is a shame. It would be a lot of effort to make it to the finals and then have to play.....at Gilbert

L
Goal
Goal
L
Why did JS/SCHSL move the Championship games from Memorial?

Memorial was bad enough but how bizarre for JS to go the other way (to Gilbert w/smaller pitch & not in a central/metro area) from what the HS soccer has been calling for the past few years to play at Stone/USC.

JS should be booted out of SCHSL ASAP!

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

IMHO the teams are getting sucker punched by this clown. The self centered arrogance of "I don't need to hear from coaches. I know more than them about everything. I only talk to principals." is HS.

No principal is going to make to time and use up political capital to argue with this loon about a playing site. No AD will bother either, with the possible exception of an AD who coaches soccer, and I don't think there is one of those.

After JS is run off, the solution might very well be Associate commissioners for various sports or groups of sports.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Spoke to my House Member tonight and this travesty will be made well known to other members - I think they may revisit the SCHSL issue again - JS never knows whose kids play soccer!

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard