Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Passingthetime #163349 05/15/13 01:24 PM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

Sounds like we need to thank Gilbert for helping out. I'd still take a rough memorial field over a nice 60 yard field all day.
Soccer fans are obnoxious. Maybe because not a lot of fans at soccer games compared to football games and they can hear themselves. Some high school students love to hear themselves. Shouldn't be a problem this year. Attendance will be low.
It would have been mann girls luck to have this year boycotted.
And no; I'm only obnoxious on this website not at the game

What? You are only obnoxious on this site and not at games???

Since when? You and Hobo rank as the two worst in the state!

Bomber #163350 05/15/13 01:51 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
You have me confused with old posters. Back when parents were out of hand. I know there was one guy at mann who was in charge of containing the riverside parents. We owe him a dept of gratitude.

C
Brace
Brace
C
If the state championship games cannot be played at USC in the future or another centralized college in the midlands area--then what are the future options?

Another college such as Furman, Clemson or College of Charleston? Bad thing about this is that none of them are centrally located. Makes for some long drives.

How about midlands high schools? Irmo, Chapin, Dutch Fork all have artificial surfaces and recent upgrades. Both Lexington 2 schools BC and Airport will be getting artificial surfaces within the next 2 years or even the new school High School River Bluff located off I-20 and close to I-26?

Maybe a 2-4 year contract with one of the high schools thus spreading it around?

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Here is a suggestion:
Have a site in each area (upstate, midlands, lower state).
Rotate the locations.
Play uperstate/lowerstate final at 2 sites and the final at the third (i.e. US at Clemson, LS at Blackbaud, Final at USC/Irmo/etc.) the next year US at USC/Irmo/etc, LS at Blackbaud, final at Clemson.
Rotate every year.
Not only should the final be a neutral site, really so should semi. This would allow for 3 or 6 year contract and would make transportation easy since you know where you are going.
Why should semi be played at an arbitrary "home" field based on a horrible bracket?

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Most of the "better" players will tell you that they hate artificial surfaces and I would suspect that is who would be playing in those games

C
Cav Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
C
Spring high school football game!?!
Way over board.

Signs, banners, horns!?!
Such soccer hooligans!

Score is Silver, Art is Gold!
Cav #163355 05/15/13 10:17 PM
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I hope when I get on this Board Saturday and Sunday morning, no one is saying the field was a factor in any of the games.

Soccerpop #163356 05/15/13 10:38 PM
P
goal kick
goal kick
P
They are a factor. Not excuse; just a factor. No way of knowing who will benefit from small field

Last edited by Passingthetime; 05/15/13 10:39 PM.
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
For what it's worth, I was just at a State Championship softball game. Plenty of signs and banners and endless amounts of artificial noise-makers. Seems like order was kept there.

Field was regulation size as well.

LadyWarriors #163358 05/16/13 12:06 AM
J
bench
bench
J
Given that both teams will be paying on the same field, the field should not be a factor in determining the victor. It sounds to me like many of you are already looking for a reason to explain why your team lost. I would think that you would be more interested in how the officials are chosen. If the fields are that poor then maybe the womens and mens programs at Gilbert should have been given byes straight to the finals.

Gilberts fields are only a few years old. There was some damage done to the field several years ago by a rival school but that has been taken care of. If you are using Google Earth then make sure that you are looking at the current field adjacent to the high school not the old field which is in poor condition.

Are the dimensions that are cited the dimensions of the current field or the old field?

There is also plenty of room for parking and if you have the ability to read a map then you shouldn't have any problems getting to the fields.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard