Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
How did the kid from Cardinal Newman get to take a leave from academy?Why didn't the Wando kids do the same thing.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
I heard that they did, a lot of them "quit" but are still going to play academy because academy cant afford to lose them $$$$

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

I heard that they did, a lot of them "quit" but are still going to play academy because academy cant afford to lose them $$$$

This is not true. At all. Who are you referring to? The players who choose to play highschool (other than Millard) were players who got little to no playing time on the academy team.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
I don't believe I posted anything about the amount of PT any of them got. No matter how much they play they pay the same. I know several who have been begged to come back-it's all about the $$$$$$.

B
brace
brace
B
Pretty sure Millard was granted an "exception" and could play both, if he wanted. He pretty much stuck to H.S. during the season.
As to the Wando kids, all but 2 (I think) opted for Academy for their own reasons. The 2 who played H.S. got varying amount of Academy PT in the Fall ... one more, one less. My sense is, the one who played more (Clark) was probably going to play H.S. all along, regardless of academy PT. Can't speak for the other.
As to the money question, Academy cut its basic cost in half this year, and most players were paid-in-full well before H.S. season began. So "begging" them back for the money is pretty much no the case.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard