Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#163802 05/10/13 12:14 PM
Wayne Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
I urge all coaches who are still in it and those who are not to have THEIR PRINCIPAL CALL Mr. Singleton and ask that the finals be moved to USC. Mr. Singleton should not be able to say, with any truth, that he is not hearing from principals.
I also urge you to have your principals call or email Rep Chip Huggins and let him know that you have contacted Mr. Singleton.

Business Phone (803) 734-2971
Cell Phone (803) 331-8468
Home Phone (803) 732-4418
Business Phone (803) 732-2000

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Done.

S
Bench
Bench
S
Who wouldn't want to endure State Playoffs to end it at the prestigious, famed... Gilbert HS? Seriously? Nobody wants to drive into the sticks to play the most important game of the season. I propose the football state championships be hosted at Pelion next year if that's how they are looking to do it.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Why are the championships being played at Gilbert?

I planned on going this year too (if HH makes it since I have fam that plays on that squad), but now that I see it's at Gilbert.......man my interest in going way down

Last edited by jaguarsfutbol; 05/10/13 09:50 PM.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Just think the State Championship games could be decided by the infamous narrow field throw in that is so prevalent in High School soccer. If they refuse to change the site how about to be fair they schedule the Football championships at a 3A high school stadium

throw in
throw in
Or, maybe baseball can play on a softball field? It still has a diamond, right? Makes no sense.

We didn’t underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought.
G
bench
bench
G
What a bunch of crybabies. The Gilbert Football stadium is an excellent venue. The field is in top shape. The home and visitor sides each have press boxes and ample seating. Each side has a canteen, locker room and bathrooms. The sides has separate entrances. It is 5 minutes from I-20 and 30 minutes form Memorial Stadium in Columbia. Parking is ample. I have attended soccer games all over SC, NC & GA for the past 10 years and you'll be hard pressed to find a better High school Stadium suited for soccer. It's not in the sticks and it's very simple to find. Please, get over yourselves.

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
With all due respect GI2016, your insecurities are showing. I do not believe that it needs to be said, but if it makes you feel better, I believe that I can speak for the great majority and say that Gilbert High, its students, administration, facilities, fans and community are well respected and appreciated throughout the state. In addition, there are several other fine schools and facilities throughout the state that would be on par with Gilbert High and suitable for hosting the state championship games and a request that the championship be hosted at the University of South Carolina should not be taken as a slight to any of those other high schools.

Similarly, there are many high school facilities throughout the state suitable for hosting the football and basketball championships, but there are a myriad of reasons for holding those championship games at Williams-Brice and the Colonial Center. If you like, I would be happy to discuss them with you, but I believe that (once you get past the mistaken belief that anyone is against Gilbert High) you do not need a lecture from me on the benefits of holding the championship at a centrally-located collegiate facility.

G
kick off
kick off
G
Quote:

What a bunch of crybabies. The Gilbert Football stadium is an excellent venue. The field is in top shape. The home and visitor sides each have press boxes and ample seating. Each side has a canteen, locker room and bathrooms. The sides has separate entrances. It is 5 minutes from I-20 and 30 minutes form Memorial Stadium in Columbia. Parking is ample. I have attended soccer games all over SC, NC & GA for the past 10 years and you'll be hard pressed to find a better High school Stadium suited for soccer. It's not in the sticks and it's very simple to find. Please, get over yourselves.

Did you guys at least ever fix the tire track donuts all over the field from the pissed off redneck fans who wanted retribution? That was interesting trying to play with those on the field last year.

Too bad Blackbaud isn't closer to mid-state.

A
Throw In
Throw In
A
I say have it on the infield at Darlington.

This is South Carolina after all.

Link Copied to Clipboard