Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
lvrpul #164135 05/19/13 03:13 AM
A
Goal
Goal
A
Spoke to 3 members of 3A All State committee(2 I know very well) today at state finals and they all said the same thing--no coach from your region was even at the meeting and only one nomination(assuming the school was Eastside--and if not, that is my bad) was received and that player was selected based on other coaches from upperstate that had seen him play.
I don't know what list you reference, but these 3 say no such list exsited.
I will say this, after watching them play today, they are an excellent side with much talent.

lvrpul #164136 05/19/13 04:15 AM
P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
There are politics and politicking involved. It is what it is.

Last year the girl with the most goals AND assists on her team was not even named to the region team, but other girls were named a head of her mainly because she was a sophomore those girls were seniors. (This team won the region too so it isn't like they are were a poor team)

L
lvrpul Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
L
Anthony I am referencing the original post that contained the names of all the nominees for all state that contained the names of six players from Eastside that was posted by K. Heise. I am not doubting what the other coaches are telling you that they never saw it since that post has now been conveniently deleted from this site by the administrator. I printed a copy of it and will be happy to scan it and send it to you. I agree that both Eastside and Hilton Head have a lot of talent- I would be interested in your opinion on who some of the better players were- I would also applaud Eastsides coach for reaching the finals in his first year

Last edited by lvrpul; 05/19/13 03:38 PM.
lvrpul #164138 05/19/13 04:28 PM
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Quote:

Anthony I am referencing the original post that contained the names of all the nominees for all state that contained the names of six players from Eastside that was posted by K. Heise. I am not doubting what the other coaches are telling you that they never saw it since that post has now been conveniently deleted from this site by the administrator. I printed a copy of it and will be happy to scan it and send it to you. I agree that both Eastside and Hilton Head have a lot of talent- I would be interested in your opinion on who some of the better players were- I would also applaud Eastsides coach for reaching the finals in his first year

lvrpul -- Per SurveyMonkey -- the official tally of the All-State nominations, your son Conner Donohue was nominated properly at 2;08 pm on April 30, 2013. I have researched it and you are correct. I was wrong on the nomination as I confused it with the All-Star nominations.

However, no Region II coach showed up for the All-State meeting. The only Region II coaches that are SCHSSCA/SCACA members are Kevin Mahlan of Berea, Jorge Santos of Greer, and Craig Thompson of Pickens. I can only encourage you to have Normar Rodriguez (or whomever the next Eastside coach is) join the SCACA/SCHSSCA and get involved. David Craig is the last coach from Eastside HS to be actively involved with the association. Simple as that.

3A coaches in attendance included: Troy Alexander (Hartsville), Kevin Darlington (Gilbert), Mike Estes (Walhalla), Kevin Heise (Brookland-Cayce), Kyle Heise (SCSoccer.com), Kellie Herndon (Chapin), Jason Himmelsbach (Myrtle Beach), Clark McCarthy (Dreher), Wayne Quinlan (Hilton Head Island), and Sean Vick (Clinton).

Kevin Heise #164139 05/19/13 04:40 PM
L
lvrpul Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
L
Thank you for correcting this, I appreciate your candor- Good luck next year and maybe Eastside will get the opportunity to play BC-probably be a pretty good match since they got similar results against HHI in the post season. I would think that the administration of the school would be willing to pay the membership fees for the coaches but if I have to I will pay it myself for the next coach.
Kevin I also wanted to make you aware that Nomar tried to join but the membership had closed before he was named as the coach-I hope he returns next year so the boys get some continuity- they have a lot of talent returning and if a new coach comes in it will be the thrid coach the seniors will have in four years which is not really fair to them

Last edited by lvrpul; 05/19/13 04:47 PM.
lvrpul #164140 05/19/13 06:26 PM
A
Goal
Goal
A
Lvrpul--Glad Kevin could straighten this out. To be honest, I was in the concessions on lower state side most of the day(actually had a pretty good view). I studied both sides looking for weaknesses Wayne or Coach Nomar might attack--I could find none, even through 4 or 5 subs on both sides.
It truly felt like a game it was a shame someone had to lose.

I have always had a tremendous respect for Eastside since playing them in the final in 84 where it was my pleasure to watch who I still contend was the best freshman I have ever seen, Hunter Richardson.
I consider Frank Riddlehoover and Wayne Quinlan good friends, but have not been fortunate enough to meet some of you most recent coaches.
Always been a strong program with a rich tradition. Good luck to you and your son.

lvrpul #164141 05/20/13 11:40 AM
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Quote:

Eastside High is the only team in the latest Elite Soccer Rankings top 25 from South Carolina - yet they only placed one player on the All State squad -

I saw the AAA Championship game and outside of the players named All-State (2 from Hilton Head and 1 from Eastside) I couldn't have picked out another that deserved the honor. In fact, I thought both teams were pretty mediocre compared to other Finals I've seen. Of course, I thought the same thing about the AAAA game even though it was very exciting. Outside of that though not what I would say is tremendous talent.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
L
lvrpul Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
L
Hahahaha! Arfa are you familiar with Matthew Newberry? He was very impressed with some of the play and its funny he never mentioned the players you refered to and I consider him infinitely more qualified than anyone in the entire state to judge talent.

lvrpul #164143 05/20/13 12:31 PM
L
bench
bench
L
Matthew Newberry from LFC? http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/staff/matthew-newberry

this guy was in Gilbert?

lvrpul #164144 05/20/13 03:38 PM
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Thank you for correcting this, I appreciate your candor- Good luck next year and maybe Eastside will get the opportunity to play BC-probably be a pretty good match since they got similar results against HHI in the post season. I would think that the administration of the school would be willing to pay the membership fees for the coaches but if I have to I will pay it myself for the next coach.
Kevin I also wanted to make you aware that Nomar tried to join but the membership had closed before he was named as the coach-I hope he returns next year so the boys get some continuity- they have a lot of talent returning and if a new coach comes in it will be the thrid coach the seniors will have in four years which is not really fair to them

Then my suggestion to you, besides pulling stick from hole, would be to prepay the coach's dues before the season if you run off another coach. Kevin, Kyle, and a few others basically do everything anyways so all they ask is that you show up. On second thought, maybe you should be Eastside's coach. You seem like a really viable candidate. You could then insure that your son gets nominated instead of ranting, crying, and stomping your feet with illegible text on a message board.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard