Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Rules are rules , just because you don't like them doesn't make them wrong. Sebastian Velaquez had to give up a full scholarship to Clemson because he simply tried out with Barcelona- he didn't cry about it, he worked out on his own and got drafted in the first round of MLS. He is one kid who was never handed anything-he worked hard on his own and didn't need some so called journalist have to fight his fight. Follow the rules and you can compete

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Yeah like I don't know any rich kid who trained with the Chelsea Academy and still came to play high school... bc he had the money to pay Chelsea that was ok huh?

The fact that these kids can't afford or are scared to hire a lawyer it doesn't mean they deserved to be stepped on by all these nonsense rules...

The only rule they broke was to work harder than everybody else to actually take the attention of the best clubs in the world.

Lets punish the most talented kids for chasing their dreams and lets reward mediocre kids bc they are rich...

Things like these make me sick in the stomach then you wonder why we get embarrassed every 4 years in a global stage... he wasn't even allowed to play club soccer? What a joke... what a big joke.

Last edited by Alma Merengue; 02/07/14 03:38 AM.

Club of the century.
A
Goal
Goal
A
You would be surprised of the number of young athletes that know that you forfeit your amateur status by accepting $. If docdocumentation does exist proving this, done deal. Half of our high school team is Hispanic and we could not exist as a team without them, all great kids who I feel certain know this.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Alma....we get embarassed every 4 years because our best athletes are not playing soccer. It is as simple as that.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Absolutely no. We are mediocre at soccer and we get embarrassed every 4 years because our elite soccer players are being restricted with all these dumb rules.

There are no proof the kid got paid.

I havent hear any legit reason why these D-bags didn't clear his elibility.

Plenty of rich kids going to England to train with EPL Academies and then coming back to play high school soccer.

I just can't wait for our second and third division to play all year round so our elite soccer talent doesn't have to deal with all these dumb high school and ncaa rules, pathetic.

The high school "league" will be so happy this summer when we finish another world cup 0-3 even when half of our team is German because most of our domestic players are mediocre at a world stage.

Last edited by Alma Merengue; 02/07/14 03:52 PM.

Club of the century.
G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Alma if you are truly a journalist, why don't you just go to Dutch Fork and talk to the AD or go to the SCHSL and ask them why this kid is not allowed to play. Obvioulsy you are the only one in an uproar about this because if the kid really wanted to play and there was a way he could then you would think he would be trying to appeal or the school would be doing something. Also if he is that talented, then him missing a year of playing highschool or club probably won't hurt him in the long run. Like lvrpul said in his post about Sebastian.

Last edited by ghs26; 02/07/14 04:33 PM.
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
I'm a journalist but I'm not working as a journalist yet, I do have a job that is keeping me busy but I will eventually publish the story. Do you have a website of the High School "league?" I want to see if I can get a copy of official decision.

Even if they have "legit" evidences to punish him, some of these dumb rules have to change for the good of our sport.

Club of the century.
Kickoff
Kickoff
Quote:

Absolutely no. We are mediocre at soccer and we get embarrassed every 4 years because our elite soccer players are being restricted with all these dumb rules.

There are no proof the kid got paid.

I havent hear any legit reason why these D-bags didn't clear his elibility.

Plenty of rich kids going to England to train with EPL Academies and then coming back to play high school soccer.

I just can't wait for our second and third division to play all year round so our elite soccer talent doesn't have to deal with all these dumb high school and ncaa rules, pathetic.

The high school "league" will be so happy this summer when we finish another world cup 0-3 even when half of our team is German because most of our domestic players are mediocre at a world stage.

Who cares? I've never heard of the kid. Where does he play club? ODP? By the way, the United States (I guess you are a citizen) is ranked #14 by FIFA: that is hardly "mediocre".

corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Somebody said he was denied to play club as well.

Club of the century.
throw in
throw in
That would be too easy...just like asking for a website for the high school league, when there is a link on scsoccer's homepage.

Laces out DAN!!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard