Next Thread
Print Thread
#166616 04/09/14 02:05 PM
T
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
T
Can some one help here? Are you allowed to sub when your player gets their second yellow? I have had several refs tell me yes and several refs said no. Who is correct?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Can not sub on a double yellow. You must play a man down.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
all of this is reviewed at the SCHSL clinics in January ... I don't see how there can be this much confusion ... do the refs/coaches not pay attention?

A
Bench
Bench
A
A second yellow is a red card, and the red card means you play a man down. Any referee that tells you otherwise is very wrong and should know better.

N
Kickoff
Kickoff
N
Red Card is a red card.
No such thing as a double yellow. The disqualification will be written up as 2nd caution.
Referee will show yellow then a red. Not at the same time.
Player must:
Leave the field
May not return
May not be substituted; must play short
Restricted to team area

G
Bench
Bench
G
Interesting you ask this, I had a parent yelling over and over from the stands that I could sub on a red- resulting from a double yellow. It is sooo hard not to turn around sometimes.

Yellow
Card
• Must leave field until
next legal substitution
opportunity
• May be substituted or
play short
• Substitute (nonplayer)
remains in team area
until next legal substitution
opportunity
• Other bench personnel
remain in team area
• Remains in team area

Red
Card
• Must leave field
• May not return
• May not be substituted;
must play short
• Restricted to team area
• Restricted to team area
for substitutes or other
students
• Adult bench personnel
must leave vicinity of
playing area
• Must leave the vicinity
of playing area

Go to NFHS website and you can read the rules and recent rule changes.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Interesting you ask this, I had a parent yelling over and over from the stands that I could sub on a red- resulting from a double yellow. It is sooo hard not to turn around sometimes.

This was true up until last year...I'm sure a lot of parents aren't aware of the change.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Quote:

Quote:

This was true up until last year...I'm sure a lot of parents aren't aware of the change.

The parents not knowing, I understand, the referees not knowing.....well, "troublesome" is a good starting word.

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
For many years in high school soccer a player getting a "double yellow" or "soft red" was allowed to be substituted for. This year the rule changed to conform with FIFA. Any player receiving a second yellow is also shown the red and cannot be substituted for. I agree with Coach Sloan. Any official who doesn't know this rule should not be on the pitch.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Quote:

For many years in high school soccer a player getting a "double yellow" or "soft red" was allowed to be substituted for. This year the rule changed to conform with FIFA. Any player receiving a second yellow is also shown the red and cannot be substituted for. I agree with Coach Sloan. Any official who doesn't know this rule should not be on the pitch.

Neither should any coach who doesn't know it.

WhoDaresWins

Link Copied to Clipboard