Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
I
goal
goal
I
Mauldin and Riverside have seemed to have dropped off. How much of it is kids being able to go to freely switch to Mann? None, a couple, several, many? I have no idea.

Just seems odd how things have shifted.

Please do not shoot the guy with an honest question.

M
MT4ME Offline OP
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
M
Pjay,
I mentioned TL Hanna because you mentioned them as a win for Wando. So, are they worthy of mention when supporting Wando's difficult schedule but not Mann's? I'm just trying to figure it out.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Chief,
The amount of goals given up really means nothing. I'm sure that everyone replaced their best goalie to give their back ups experience. I know that Mann did. The 2 goals Mann gave up in the scrimmage to Dorman was when they had JV players getting some experience.

My opinion: this thing comes down to 3 teams unless someone has a bad day:
Fort Mill/Mann and Wando. I don't think anyone else has a good chance from the Upstate or lower state. I do know this. Good club players are spread out more in the Upstate and more concentrated in the the lower state. This theory is really true with Wando. They have mostly club players and a great club coach that coaches them in both club and high school. That is my opinion, but I think that I am very close to being right.
Don't anybody take offense.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
uwishucouldplay --- everyone is in a weak region with the exception of Region 2 this year.

And the rumor about the finals is true. New school with turf field, heard its a really nice complex too.

Here is a nice picture of their stadium.
http://rbhs.lexington1.net:8044/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/photo-67.jpg

Last edited by Pjay; 05/08/14 02:34 PM.
P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

Pjay,
I mentioned TL Hanna because you mentioned them as a win for Wando. So, are they worthy of mention when supporting Wando's difficult schedule but not Mann's? I'm just trying to figure it out.

I was just pointing out non-conference schedules since these three teams are not challenged by their in-conference opponents. Fort Mill out scored it conference 89-1 I believe.

But your point about Hanna is valid, at the same time though Hanna is a decent team, but not top 10 in the state and probably not a team where you would say "we beat them thus we are good"

M
MT4ME Offline OP
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Mauldin and Riverside have seemed to have dropped off. How much of it is kids being able to go to freely switch to Mann? None, a couple, several, many? I have no idea.

Just seems odd how things have shifted.

Please do not shoot the guy with an honest question.

The answer to your question is that special permission hasn't played a role in in Mann's team. I know of one player there on special permission. I have no idea about Mann's other teams, but it hasn't played a factor at all with the girl's soccer team. Just so you know, kids are not able to freely switch to Mann. Like many schools, they end up with a wait list. Plus, a player can't simply switch to Mann and play the following year unless they move to that school. Transfer rules apply and the player would need to sit out a season.

M
MT4ME Offline OP
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Quote:

Pjay,

I was just pointing out non-conference schedules since these three teams are not challenged by their in-conference opponents. Fort Mill out scored it conference 89-1 I believe.

But your point about Hanna is valid, at the same time though Hanna is a decent team, but not top 10 in the state and probably not a team where you would say "we beat them thus we are good"

So, Mann beat #6 and #10. Wando beat #8 & #9. Fort Mill beat #9 and somehow Mann still has the weakest schedule of the three? I am just trying to understand how you came to that conclusion. I would argue that the team that played the toughest schedule is Dorman, and they are in sixth place because of that schedule.

C
Cav Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
C
You all crack me up with all of your rhetoric. Just play the game. If they meet, we will then see. There are still other teams that would like to make an impact in the playoffs as well.

Score is Silver, Art is Gold!
P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Pjay,

So, Mann beat #6 and #10. Wando beat #8 & #9. Fort Mill beat #9 and somehow Mann still has the weakest schedule of the three? I am just trying to understand how you came to that conclusion. I would argue that the team that played the toughest schedule is Dorman, and they are in sixth place because of that schedule.

I didn't look at Dorman, was only looking at the top 3.

According to "uwishucouldplay" Mann was playing JV players in those scrimmages against Dorman and Riverside, I would guess those teams were playing JV players too etc etc. How much value do you put on a scrimmage, especially at the start of a season?

Once you get past those scrimmages then Mann's schedule becomes very weak with the only really tough team being Eastside. Sure Christ Church and Bishop England look good on paper, but they are 2a teams that don't have a lot of quality wins over 4a teams.

On the flip side:
Wando beat Irmo, Blythwood, and Academic Magnet and lost to Hilton Head and Peachtree ridge #7 in Georgia.

Fort Mill beat Blythewood, Academic Magnet (PKs) and lost to Lake Norman #6 in North Carolina.

So when it comes to playing high quality teams Mann probably had the weakest schedule and Wando the hardest. If you ran the Massey rankings today the strength of schedule would probably be Wando, Mann and Fort Mill due to the weakness of Fort Mills region, but both of their schedules will jump due to playoff games.

Finally, let's be honest about the quality of the teams in the state and that once you get past the top teams there is a large drop off.
Top teams being Mann, Wando, Fort Mill, Hilton Head, Eastside and Academic Magnet. Those six teams dominate just about everyone they play and their only losses come from playing one of the other top teams (except Hilton Head who might be having a down year)

And once you get past those six there is a big drop off as shown by goals allowed, Wade Hampton gave up three time as many goals as Fort Mill etc. So in general I would say that games outside that top group probably don't count much in the quality box.

BTW Lake Norman and Peachtree Ridge are kind of wild cards in all of this, but I would say that the 6 best team in North Carolina is probably better than the 6th best team in South Carolina and Lake Norman could probably hold its own against most teams in SC. I don't know about Peachtree since they beat Wando, but lost to BE.

I hope that explain how I came to my conclusion. Of course that doesn't mean that Mann won't run the table, as I have said any of the top three could win it and it wouldn't be a surprise. You don't get to 21-0 by accident

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

You all crack me up with all of your rhetoric. Just play the game. If they meet, we will then see. There are still other teams that would like to make an impact in the playoffs as well.

Hey this is serious stuff!!!

If they can talk about the NFL draft for 5 months we can talk about soccer for a few days right

As for other teams making an impact: doubt it because on the girls side you don't see a lot of upsets. Look at last years playoffs and you will see that the team with the better record won in just about every case (maybe every case I haven't look at all the games)

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard