Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

Quote:

Mauldin and Riverside have seemed to have dropped off. How much of it is kids being able to go to freely switch to Mann? None, a couple, several, many? I have no idea.

Just seems odd how things have shifted.

Please do not shoot the guy with an honest question.

The answer to your question is that special permission hasn't played a role in in Mann's team. I know of one player there on special permission. I have no idea about Mann's other teams, but it hasn't played a factor at all with the girl's soccer team. Just so you know, kids are not able to freely switch to Mann. Like many schools, they end up with a wait list. Plus, a player can't simply switch to Mann and play the following year unless they move to that school. Transfer rules apply and the player would need to sit out a season.

Thanks for the response.

brace
brace
Anyone know what the deal is in region 2? Mauldin looks to be the # 4 team but they have 3 less game than everyone else and their region schedule is done. Did the 2 Gaffney and 2nd Byrnes games not happen or were they just not entered? Would guess they were all wins but can not do the Bracketology until the scores are in

Of course Region 3 has its own mess with #2,3,4 all at 9-5 records! Figure that one out, good thing we do not allow ties Cause now we can go to a tie breaker!

Last edited by The Chief; 05/08/14 10:32 PM.
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Not one player transferred to play soccer. That is not allowed. Mann is a magnet school and they only let in 21 students and none played soccer. Every player is zoned for Mann high school if they are playing soccer.

Last edited by uwishucouldplay; 05/08/14 11:31 PM.
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
We are all about to find out next week. There is a lot of soccer left. Does anybody know who will get the Gatorade player of the year? It would have been Savannah McCaskill from Irmo, but she didn't play this year.

brace
brace
Sounds like a question for the CESA front office but I guess Wando or Hilton head has a senior or two with three soon maybe four state championship rings who might be up for it. Other than that who knows? you got anyone in mind? Funny they give those thing out before to "end" of the year, what if some player take team to a championship based on great playoffs should they not be player of the year? Yes I know not everyone get in the playoffs but they should still be a factor in picking a player of the year since the regular season play for most teams is a one sided affair game after game.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
No one in mind. But you have to admit , who could have beat Stephanie Devita and Chelsea Drennen. Sounds like you have some bad blood, but you can't give me names better than those. Wando gets the State championships by having a club coach and 5000 students to choose from. Mann has 1700 students and a restaurant owner as the coach. Who would you have chose the last 4 years that are better than these girls?

I
goal
goal
I
Stephanie was the best period. Still is in her college conference

brace
brace
Lighten up it was a joke (notice the wink) I have no doubt they deserved it (met the Drennens and they were nice people) My joke is about how anyone could really know given the lopsidedness of soccer in the state (but speaking of bad blood you really do not like Wando do you? and coach bashing to boot! ) Hey Mann went 21-0 right? Maybe they have a player in the mix this year by then it is hard to standout when you are on a very talented team.

Imagine being the goalie for a team that gave up only a couple of goals all year. Mann or FM or Wando could have the best goalie in the state and who would know? Work the other way round for a great goalie on bad team you get shelled every game but who would know how good you are when the score line is 4 or 5 loss every game (but you made 40 stops!)

M
MT4ME Offline OP
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Anyone know what the deal is in region 2? Mauldin looks to be the # 4 team but they have 3 less game than everyone else and their region schedule is done. Did the 2 Gaffney and 2nd Byrnes games not happen or were they just not entered? Would guess they were all wins but can not do the Bracketology until the scores are in

Of course Region 3 has its own mess with #2,3,4 all at 9-5 records! Figure that one out, good thing we do not allow ties Cause now we can go to a tie breaker!

Mauldin played the games, they just aren't entered on Eurosport. Dorman won the region and Wade Hampton came in second by a game. I am not completely sure, but I think Riverside is third and Mauldin fourth. I guess there were a few conference games played tonight, and I don't know if they would have had any affect on the standings.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
OK. Sorry. I saw the wink. But last year there was a lot of Cesa bashing over the Gatorade Player of the year. I don't know who deserves it. As far as the coach, your right. At a club game about 3 years ago, we were playing her team. I think u12 and she had her u10 team there watching. It was in Columbia and they were all on the same bus. They were very obnoxious and she did nothing. We won 7 - 0. But it got out of control. On the other hand, I would like to have here Coaching skills up here. It helps Wando for her to coach a lot of the team in high school and club. It is an advantage. Can I have my cake and eat it too? I will share.
Really, I am starting to care less and less about high school and more and more about what is going to happen afterward. That is when the fun is going to begin. Good luck in the playoffs!

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard