goal
goal
I
Cool. Thanks.

R
throw in
throw in
R
Uwishucouldplay. Once again you go off on someone without your facts being correct. I stated Mann had girls on the team that went there with special permission or as part of the magnet program. I know two girls that live in simpsonville in the same neighborhood as a Hillcrest player. I know one went there because her older brother was in the magnet program so she was allowed to go. I was not being negative I was just stating a fact and answering a question someone had asked. Why are you so hateful toward everyone?

Also I think for a team made up mostly of classic and high school prep players Hillcrest has had a pretty good year. They did finish tied for 2nd in the region after all.

Ramsdad #166836 05/12/14 11:03 AM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Ramsdad, don't worry about uwishucouldplay, he is just one of those typical Mann parents with what we call "The Mannitude".

It's an arrogant attitude many of them have. They have always felt disrespected, they have always felt they are better than they are.

Many of them are just spoiled and exhibit poor sportsmanship.

I have witnessed it for years.

Now, this year, with the talent they have, Mann should easily win State. They are loaded with incredible talent, and if they do, congratulations to them.

But until they do, they have won and done nothing.

PS- glad to see some bantering on this Board, this thing has been dead all season.

Bomber #166837 05/12/14 11:21 AM
W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Sorry Bomber. Are you talking about the fans or the players.? I think the sportsmanship awards goes to the teams that lose well.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Fans.

The players are just good, tough competitors.

I have always had great respect for the Mann players.

Bomber #166839 05/12/14 11:35 AM
W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
You da Mann

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Well Ramsdad here is your quote Just to clear up the Mann question. They do have several girls on the soccer team that got special permission to go there. It is just not true. Maybe they play on JV, but not Varsity. The reason for being hateful, was the girls working their rears off and then someone like you tears them down by implying that they are recruiting players to make a better team.
It is just not true.

Bomber #166841 05/12/14 01:07 PM
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Bomber, If someone stated that you were recruiting players for soccer, you would be upset too. "the magnitude". Wow that is pretty childest. Have you seen Mann play this year? A couple of post back someone said that the reason that Mann carries a large roster is because they recruit. I don't know about past years and feeling disrespected. Since we have been on the team, they have only lost 2 games, one to Hilton Head and one to Wando. Here is your quote"they have always felt they are better than they are." It is very hard to improve on that.

"But until they do, they have won and done nothing". That is a ridiculous statement.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
First off it's "Mannitude" not "magnitude", so when you try to banter, try to get it right.

And it appears Ramsdad set you straight about Mann players from their own district.

A lot of people think Mann recruits because of what used to occur there years ago in basketball.

It is probably not happening now, but that is a bias Mann will have to overcome.

And last time I checked. Mann has yet to win a State Title.

And again, this should be Mann's year.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

Sorry Bomber. Are you talking about the fans or the players.? I think the sportsmanship awards goes to the teams that lose well.

Best sportsmanship I saw all year was the Rock Hill girls.

Game was day before spring break and coach forgot to hold a JV player or two back from playing so the Varsity team had 10 players going against Fort Mill so they had to know they were in for a butt kicking and the girls still played hard and clean and had fun the whole game.

Was the most enjoyable 10-0 game I have ever seen.

At one point we were trying to get one of our seniors (Katie) a goal and they picked up on it and every time she would get near the ball they would start yelling "don't let Katie get it!" And when Katie got pulled near the end they all called out "bye Katie" (Katie still got her goal)

Was really a great show of sportsmanship and great attitudes from a team who could have just given up or worse.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard