Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
S
goal
goal
S
congrats to coach champ, the wando girls & jl mann on another great season.
class all the way.

G
Bench
Bench
G
I watched HHI beat Wando. HHI was the better team that night and earned the win with two great finishes in second half. HHI won the game. Wando did not lose it.

The HHI loss to Spring Valley was against the run of play. HHI just didn't finish and misplayed a couple balls into SV goals ..maybe playing second game of day against SV single home game that day?

HHI won other two Viking Cup games by combined 13-1. HHI's only 4A loss. was to SV . HHI 9-1 against 4A.

HHI only other loss was to a team from WI that was ranked #9 nationally in 2013. HHI also beat an IL and two GA 6A teams.

HHIs Coach Suozzi has won states 6 times (HHCA twice) and always has well coached winning teams

HHI had two terrific players in Srs. Ashely and Amanda Green, together they were as good as any combo in SC and won 4 straight AAA state titles.

Goal
Goal
HHI has already been to Mars. That's why there are no signs of life.

HHI puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter"

HHI makes onions cry.

At the last supper, Jesus asked HHI whether they wanted Merlot or Pinot Noir.

HHI has a bearskin rug in their training room. It isn't dead, just afraid to move.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
I am not sure who can claim to be the best team in the state since they all have flaws.

There are four teams in the state with one instate loss for the year. Five if you count Academic Magnet.

Mann 25-1 lost to Wando
Wando 21-2 lost to HH and out of state team
Hilton Head 22-2 lost to Spring Valley and out of state team
Fort Mill at 20-2-1 lost to Dorman and out of state team (that tie was a win in PKs but since it was a tourney its a tie instead of a win) Not making it to the state championship rules them out as 'best team'
Academic Magnet 22-1-1 lost to Wando and that tie was a loss to Fort Mill in PKs plus they had a much weaker schedule so that rules them out.

That still leaves you with three teams two of which have been beat by another so how do you decide which one is the best??

Was HH's loss to Spring Valley a fluke? Maybe Wando's loss was a fluke too? Or even Mann's loss yesterday.

I guess if you are HH you can claim your state title and the fact you beat the other state champion and declare yourself best in state and then everyone else can go "yea, but...."

G
Bench
Bench
G
There is an old trial lawyers’ saying “When the facts are on your side, pound the facts. When the law is on your side, pound the law. When neither is on you side, pound the table.”

Terrific Table Pounding and very funny. Made my day Thanks!

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

There is an old trial lawyers’ saying “When the facts are on your side, pound the facts. When the law is on your side, pound the law. When neither is on you side, pound the table.”

Terrific Table Pounding and very funny. Made my day Thanks!

"The HHI loss to Spring Valley was against the run of play. HHI just didn't finish and misplayed a couple balls into SV goals ..maybe playing second game of day against SV single home game that day?"

Was that you pounding the table???

Seriously... you lost to Spring Valley... 13-7 and 3rd in their region. SV lost to Irmo twice and Mann demolished Irmo 4-0 they also lost to Dutch Fork and Wando beat Dutch Fork 4-1 and the lost to Blythwood who lost to Fort Mill twice.

Perhaps if you didn't lose to SV you could claim to be the best team in the state, but that loss is pretty hard to explain away.

BTW 9-1 against 4a isn't that impressive when trying to compare yourself to 4a teams. Doubly so when the 4a teams you were playing weren't that great outside of Wando.

G
Bench
Bench
G
Your right absolving HHI of SV loss is hard to do but all the other cross scheduling permutations are also equally subjective. I guess that is why head to head competition is a the most trusted tie breaker and for this year it was HHI 2 Wando 1.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

Your right absolving HHI of SV loss is hard to do but all the other cross scheduling permutations are also equally subjective. I guess that is why head to head competition is a the most trusted tie breaker and for this year it was HHI 2 Wando 1.

Ok, but are you better than Mann???

It's a circle of death. You beat Wando, but SV beat you, but Irmo beat SV, but Mann beat Irmo, and Wando beat Mann...

I am guessing that the difference between the top three teams is very small and any given day one could beat the other depending on the field and weather and who has a good day and who gets lucky and where the game is played.

In a few weeks the Masey ratings will come out and I would not be surprised to see Wando and Mann first and second and HH third due to its overall weaker schedule.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard