Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
Pjay Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
P
Now it gets fun!!!

Can the new school River Bluff keep Eastside from it's third straight upper state championship?

Can Fort Mill hold off a tough Dorman team??

Will JL Mann even have enough players to field a team?

Seriously though... lots of GREAT games tomorrow!!

Irmo @ Mann. Hell of a mountain for Irmo to climb, don't see it happening. Irmo is not a high scoring team so this could be a shut out or another lopsided game with a late goal or two after its noncompetitive.

Dorman @ Fort Mill. Fort Mill has allowed the least goals of any upper state team so Dorman's biggest challenge might be getting any goal at all. Dorman has a tough defense too so I am thinking another 1-0 type game.

Lexington @ Wando. Wando. Good game though.

Spring Valley @ Dutch Fork. Dutch Fork. Should be good game.

River Bluff @ Eastside. Don't think anyone is denying Eastside another shot at Hilton Head

St James @ Swansea look like it could be a good game.

Hilton Head @ Myrtle Beach features a 17-1 Myrtle Beach team, but don't think anyone stops Hilton Head from their 4th straight title.

St Joe's @ Indian Land. Indian Land on to its second straight upper state game.

Wade Hampton @ AM. Anyone stoping AM? Doubt it.

Bonus points!!! Mann and Fort Mill could be hosting double headers if their boys games are cancelled for today. Looks like the worst part of the weather is behind us so that shouldn't be a factor. And Friday should be a nice cool day so great game weather!

Good luck everyone!!

Last edited by Pjay; 05/15/14 05:38 PM.
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
I think that Dorman takes Fort Mill 2 -1. The rest I think your right. The only thing that I don't understand is that I thought that we put Wade Hampton out last night. They shouldn't be aloud another chance.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

I think that Dorman takes Fort Mill 2 -1. The rest I think your right. The only thing that I don't understand is that I thought that we put Wade Hampton out last night. They shouldn't be aloud another chance.

It's not the same Wade Hampton. There are two in SC.

P
Pjay Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

And what are you basing that prediction on?? Or are you just stirring up trouble??

Things in Fort Mill's favor
1. They haven't lost a home game in two years.
2. They have only allowed 4 goals this year vs 14 for Dorman
3. They have not allowed a 2 goal game all year. Dorman has allowed 4 of them
4. They have only been behind in one game all year, the game they lost 1-0
5. They have 18 shut outs vs 12 for Dorman
6. FM scored 5+ goals in 11 games vs 7 for Dorman

For Dorman I give them a harder schedule, but of their four top level teams they played this year they lost 3 games (Eastside, Dutch Fork, Wade Hampton) Wade Hampton is the only top team they have beat this year. They did beat Hanna twice and Riverside, but I don't think anyone would consider them a top level team.

Here is a good comparison:
They beat Mauldin 3-1 and 4-2
We scored 3 goals against Mauldin in the first 28 minutes of the game and then coasted the rest of the way with Mauldin's score coming at the 78 minute mark with most of our starters out of the game.

Now if you can give me some good reasons why Dorman is going to win I'd love to hear them.

P
Pjay Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

Quote:

It's not the same Wade Hampton. There are two in SC.

Creative school names for $100 Alex!

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Quote:

And what are you basing that prediction on?? Or are you just stirring up trouble??

Things in Fort Mill's favor
1. They haven't lost a home game in two years.
2. They have only allowed 4 goals this year vs 14 for Dorman
3. They have not allowed a 2 goal game all year. Dorman has allowed 4 of them
4. They have only been behind in one game all year, the game they lost 1-0
5. They have 18 shut outs vs 12 for Dorman
6. FM scored 5+ goals in 11 games vs 7 for Dorman

For Dorman I give them a harder schedule, but of their four top level teams they played this year they lost 3 games (Eastside, Dutch Fork, Wade Hampton) Wade Hampton is the only top team they have beat this year. They did beat Hanna twice and Riverside, but I don't think anyone would consider them a top level team.

Here is a good comparison:
They beat Mauldin 3-1 and 4-2
We scored 3 goals against Mauldin in the first 28 minutes of the game and then coasted the rest of the way with Mauldin's score coming at the 78 minute mark with most of our starters out of the game.

Now if you can give me some good reasons why Dorman is going to win I'd love to hear them.

I hate to break it to you, but Mauldin and Riverside are actually pretty equal this year. So, you can't use Mauldin to prop up your belief that beating them means more than Dorman beating Riverside. I don't know if Fort Mill or Dorman will win. Both are good teams. I don't think their wins give you much of clue as to which one will come out on top. When it comes to homefield advantage, I would give that more weight. So, I think it will be close, but I think Fort Mill will win and face Mann on Monday.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Dorman beats Wade Hampton, Wade Hampton is better than Fort Mill. All you have is home field. Dorman Wins.

brace
brace
Quote:

Dorman beats Wade Hampton, Wade Hampton is better than Fort Mill. All you have is home field. Dorman Wins.

Ok to use your "brilliant" logic:
Let us see:
FM beat Lancaster 7-0
Thus FM >>>>>>> Lancaster
Lancaster beat Riverside 1-0
Thus Lancaster>Riverside
Dorman beat Riverside 3-0
Thus Dorman >>> Riverside
Now that make Dorman >> Lancaster
but leaves them >>>>> short of FM
Well isn't that special! Guess you use a more complicated formula along with your soccer goddess skills to come to your conclusion, although not sure where the WH is better than FM came from but as I said you are the brilliant one.

Oh, and yes you are right having home field will never beat out having recruiting and refs to ease your way in life

Ok lighten up it was just a joke! I KNOW you did not recruit the refs!

brace
brace
Quote:

Ok just one more
When last they met Wando beat JL Mann 2-0 and Irmo 2-0
So that makes Irmo vs JL Mann a toss right

However I will go out on a limb and say JL Mann wins, I know risky choice but sometimes ya gotta take risks

P
Pjay Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

Wade Hampton is better than Fort Mill??

Really??

And that is based on what???

Wade Hampton lost to 13-7 Riverside... give me a break.

BTW Fort Mill has more shut outs than Dorman has wins.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard