Pjay Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
P
Almost there!!!

4a
Upper State
Dorman @ Mann. After Mann handling a Wade Hampton team that beat Dorman once and took it too PKs the other time I don't see how Dorman has much of a chance. Does look to be Mann's biggest challenge of the year so far and Dorman's tough defense should keep it close.

Dutch Fork @ Wando. Hard to figure out Dutch Fork lost to Hanna and South Aiken, beat Dorman and Irmo. Still doubt anyone stops Wando from another trip to the finals.

3a
Chapin @ Eastside. Chapin has some good quality victories over Irmo and Mauldin, quite a few losses though. Eastside lost to Mann and rival Greenville in PKs. Am thinking Eastside makes its 3rd straight Championship.

St James @ Hilton Head. Hilton Head beat Myrtle Beach 5-0 and they are a better team that St James so this probably won't even be competitive.

3A is Eastside and Hilton Head and then everyone else. Next years realignment probably makes it worse with Greenville moving to 4a. Although Lancaster moving down should add some competition.

2a. Don't care... it's a farce.
We have $10,000 a year St Joseph's vs either $18k a year Christ Church or a charter school.

And a magnet school vs an $11k a year school

And if you are a poor public school student or live in a rural area the state doesn't care about you. The people in charge should be ashamed of themselves for letting this happen year after year.

State Championships:
4a repeat of last year? Or has Mann improves that much??

3a Hilton Head for the 4th time in a row. Would love to see Eastside in an upset, but Hilton Head beat Wando and could be the best team in the state.

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
My daughter graduated from Eastside last year, so I'm also hoping for a rematch in the Championship game against Hilton Head. Agree with you that HH is one of the top teams in the state again this year. They were by far the best team (3A or 4A) we faced the last couple of years. Eastside has more depth this year, and maybe offers a little more of a scoring threat. If they advance on after Monday there is still a huge hurdle awaiting them on Friday.

S
goal
goal
S
I agree 2a is a disgrace & should have been fixed a long time ago.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

What exactly do you mean by "a disgrace"?
What are your recommendations for fixing it???

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Quote:

What exactly do you mean by "a disgrace"?
What are your recommendations for fixing it???

you're kidding me right??? how about those educated adults who feed us the tired old bs, its all about the kids & then continually offer up the legit 2a schools as sacrificial lambs every year for the usual suspects with huge resources to collect their bs trophies every season...give us a break already. & really you need me to tell you to at the very least move those schools to 4a in those sports & kill two birds by making the 4a regular season less of a fat joke with the added competition. common sense goes a long way except for the booger eating morons in charge of high school sports. don't play stupid on the subject.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Holy crap, buddy........you need to take an Ativan or something.
I shouldn't have even responded to your post.......relax, dude!

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Holy crap, buddy........you need to take an Ativan or something.
I shouldn't have even responded to your post.......relax, dude!

there ya go, you play stupid, then don't like my answer & now I've got a gun to my head. you forgot to tell me to get out of my moms basement....dude.

A
Throw In
Throw In
A
Quote:

My daughter graduated from Eastside last year, so I'm also hoping for a rematch in the Championship game against Hilton Head. Agree with you that HH is one of the top teams in the state again this year. They were by far the best team (3A or 4A) we faced the last couple of years. Eastside has more depth this year, and maybe offers a little more of a scoring threat. If they advance on after Monday there is still a huge hurdle awaiting them on Friday.

Well unless you stop the pretty decent striker for Hilton Head (the black girl up front) you got no shot.

C
Bench
Bench
C
RE: AA Girls soccer being a farce... Keep an eye out for Saluda HS. Brand new program, solid coach, and a TON of talented youngsters coming out of the middle school/youth academy. We're talking ODP quality @ the U14/U15 age group. Perhaps hard work and dedication will push socioeconomic status aside over the next few seasons.

P
Pjay Offline OP
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

RE: AA Girls soccer being a farce... Keep an eye out for Saluda HS. Brand new program, solid coach, and a TON of talented youngsters coming out of the middle school/youth academy. We're talking ODP quality @ the U14/U15 age group. Perhaps hard work and dedication will push socioeconomic status aside over the next few seasons.

Doubt it...

going back to 2000 only ONE traditional public school has won the 2a state championship. And only four out of 26 possible teams were traditional public schools.

Look at Indian Land this year: beat every 2a school they faced, beat 4a Lancaster who was 2nd in their region and their only losses were to 4a playoff schools and Eastside and they still can't get by St Joe's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard