T
Congratulations to one of our outstanding Athletes named
Gatorade player of the year JENI ERICKSON

Tasos Georgopoulos J L Mann High School Varsity Girls Soccer
W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Thought it was changed to the Stephanie devita award. Good job.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Excellent choice! Congratulations!

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Quote:

Well done and well deserved. Boy and Girl both from JL Mann and both going to Clemson. Awesome talent!!

World Cup
World Cup
Mann soccer star Jeni Erickson earns Gatorade award

With sharp skills and a selfless demeanor, Mann senior soccer star Jeni Erickson has earned another high honor.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

Quote:

Well done and well deserved. Boy and Girl both from JL Mann and both going to Clemson. Awesome talent!!

Are they going to Clemson to be players or to be students???

Most of our best players didn't want the college athlete experience and just wanted to be students and have fun.

A few of them did a college camp a couple of years back and learned how much work was involved and decided it wasn't for them. A couple of them are going to Clemson, but just as students. Might play for fun if they even do that.

Our top boys players, and top in region, said he might try out for the team, but he is not even sure about that. A lot of commitment to play at the college level and its certainly isn't for everyone.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Both are recruited players.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Have to state the obvious, many of the Gatorade Players of the Year play for CESA.
Without taking anything away from these wonderful players, I would like to ask why players from Wando are not listed? They have won several state championships during the years posted. There are many other clubs in SC that produce tremendously skilled players. There are female soccer players who play club in NC and GA that live in SC and play high school soccer in SC and who do quite a bit of community service and post excellent stats. I would like to challenge those who nominate these players, to consider ones who play for other clubs, too. This is supposed to be a high school award...
Just repeating my comments from last year.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
6th year in a row by a Greenville player.

Looks to have been awarded 17 times:
10 times by Greenville area players
3 times by Columbia players
3 by Charleston players
1 Hilton Head

Like every other state wide award it seems to be more about who is voting for the awards than who is deserving.

BTW I am sure these are all wonderful players just as I am sure there are other wonderful players being overlooked because of where they live or in this case, don't live.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Quote:

6th year in a row by a Greenville player.

Looks to have been awarded 17 times:
10 times by Greenville area players
3 times by Columbia players
3 by Charleston players
1 Hilton Head

Like every other state wide award it seems to be more about who is voting for the awards than who is deserving.

BTW I am sure these are all wonderful players just as I am sure there are other wonderful players being overlooked because of where they live or in this case, don't live.

Why do you try to make her feel bad for getting the award by stating "BTW I am sure these are all wonderful players just as I am sure there are other wonderful players being overlooked because of where they live or in this case, don't live." She earned it. Who would you have picked? One of your girls that is not playing in college? You also have to play club in the state where the award is given and where you play high school. You wonder why so many girls are traveling to play at Cesa or making the drive to NC or GA. They want to be seen by college coaches. You stated earlier that Fort Mill girls didn't want to commit the time it would take to play in college. All because they went to a camp and it was demanding.. Don't say anything else about the Gatorade Player. From what I researched, she was the most deserving. She didn't give the award to herself. Clemson recruited her to play. Maybe you should call the Clemson Coaches and ask them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard