Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
As usual you totally miss the point.

She may in fact be the best player in the state.

But isn't it odd that the best player in the state has come from one area 10 of the last 17 years??

One third of the state's population, but half of its best soccer players?? Nah... not buying it.

Since the award was started in 1998 Wando and Hilton Head have won 12 state championships and have had two players named Gatorade player of the year.

Oh and right from CESA web site:
CESA was formed in 2004 and our previous Gatorade Player of the Year recipients include Corey Lugger (2004), Emmett Lunceford (2010), Kimmy Gillespie ( 2004 ), Blakely Mattern ( 2006 ), Kira Campbell ( 2007, 2008 ), Sarah Schaidle ( 2009 ), Stephanie DeVita ( 2010, 2011, 2012 ) and Chelsea Drennan ( 2013 ).

So in 11 years they have won the award 10 times... and even worse it has gone to a CESA player 9 straight times... only ONE none CESA player has won its since CESA was formed...

Seriously? You really want me to believe that 10 out of the last 11 years the best player in the state played for CESA?

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Oh... Asheston Robinson... 31 goals, 20 assists... both more than Jeni...

I wonder if Asheston plays for CESA, if so I am sure she'll win it next year.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Oh... Asheston Robinson... 31 goals, 20 assists... both more than Jeni...

I wonder if Asheston plays for CESA, if so I am sure she'll win it next year.

One simply needs to look at the nominating criteria for the award. You can basically be nominated by anyone including yourself and then you are chosen by a random group of people based on stats and info the nominator or yourself provided. I would suspect that since both male and female were from the same school that it is possible very few players from SC were nominated. Its not like the Heisman or anything it is basically who can self promote the best

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Maybe Harry can explain it all.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I'm sure uwishucouldplay can enlighten us.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Blakley Mattern, Stephanie DeVita, Chelsea Drennan. . . Just take a look at what they have done in college. Are you really going to say they got GAPOTY because of the club they played for?

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Quote:

Blakley Mattern, Stephanie DeVita, Chelsea Drennan. . . Just take a look at what they have done in college. Are you really going to say they got GAPOTY because of the club they played for?

Thank You

Certainly every year there are other young ladies deserving of the award and maybe you could make an argument for them not receiving the award. However, to believe the past award winners received the award because they played for CESA and not because of what they accomplished on the high school and club fields is laughable.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Quote:

Quote:

Thank You

Certainly every year there are other young ladies deserving of the award and maybe you could make an argument for them not receiving the award. However, to believe the past award winners received the award because they played for CESA and not because of what they accomplished on the high school and club fields is laughable.

Please... 9 straight CESA players in a row??

So there has not been ONE deserving non-CESA player in a decade?? Not one??

Wando, Hilton Head, Academic Magnet and Bishop England have 21 state championships since CESA was formed and not ONE player of the year, not one.

You really expect me to believe that only once in the last 11 years has the best player in the state not played for CESA?? Seriously??

Nothing against those players named, I am sure they are great soccer players. Just as I am sure that there are great soccer players who were not named player of the year because they played some place besides CESA.

W
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
W
Give out 3 Gatorade awards. One from each part of the state.
There you go. Everybody happy.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Give out 3 Gatorade awards. One from each part of the state.
There you go. Everybody happy.

ya I usually ignore the threads about these dumb awards & lists by overinvolved adults trying to quantify the high school season. as some have stated, soccer may be the ultimate team sport & trying to identify the allstar quarterback from three different regions is really dumb & meaningless for all the inherent subjectivity in the process. there are no allstar qb's in soccer & all involved should know better. but I get it, we must have lists & awards to argue about on forums like this.
the three region awards as suggested above would make them less subjective, stupid & meaningless.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard