Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
JKC Offline OP
Bench
OP Offline
Bench
J
Does anyone have any knowledge of this? I know nothing of this ball, and it might be great, but looking to see if anyone has background info. I am concerned that we will be using a new ball from a company for our state playoffs that doesn't even have soccer listed as a sport they produce products for (or lacrosse & volleyball)... What's next? Golf balls, tennis balls, cheerleading pom-poms? I am hoping this might be some kind of an April Fools joke...

(From our AD: No one is quite sure if this means playoffs only, state championships only, or what. It does not appear to regular season games however. Pennsylvania had already signed a 4-year deal last year.)

It seems the SCHSL has signed a deal with Rawlings constituting the use of Rawlings balls through “all SCHSL districts extending through the SCHSL inter-district finals in baseball, boys/girls basketball, football, soccer, softball, volleyball and boys/girls lacrosse.” (Read press release below.)

Rawlings inks 4-year deal with South Carolina High School League in new athletic partnership
Includes designation as the "Official Ball" of League

ST. LOUIS, MO - March 31, 2015 - Rawlings Sporting Goods Company, Inc. a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation (NYSE: JAH), today announced a new 4-year agreement with the South Carolina High School League (SCHSL), establishing Rawlings as the Official Ball of the organization effective July 1, 2015. The new partnership covers all SCHSL districts extending through the SCHSL inter-district finals in baseball, boys/girls basketball, football, soccer, softball, volleyball and boys/girls lacrosse.

"Our partnership with the South Carolina High School League is truly exciting as it pairs our latest premium products and technologies with South Carolina's premiere athletes," said Greg Bialis, Vice-President of Team Sales for St. Louis, Missouri-based Rawlings. "We're looking forward to building a strong, collaborative relationship with the SCHSL and its members that will allow the Rawlings brand to be well-represented in the state of South Carolina."

"The South Carolina High School League's new partnership with a sports brand as reputable and established as Rawlings is an exciting venture we are thrilled to embark upon. As they bring 125 years of expertise in producing the most high-performing sports equipment for athletes, the SCHSL will continue to make bold moves with iconic partners such as Rawlings," said Jerome Singleton, SCHSL Commissioner. "We're confident that all SCHSL member schools and athletes will be impressed with the level of product quality and performance resulting from our newly-formed relationship with Rawlings."

In addition to the product portion of the agreement, Rawlings will provide marketing support to the SCHSL as it pertains to their digital communications, public relations, promotional, social media, events and advertising efforts.

Singleton continued, "It is our goal to maintain a reputation of greatness within our region and throughout the nation. SCHSL athletes and member schools as a whole strive to be an asset to the communities in which they reside. We are proud to partner with an elite, reputable company such as Rawlings."

The following Rawlings products will be utilized as part of the SCHSL agreement:

Soccer
SCHSLSB1050

World Cup
World Cup

If you follow @SCSoccer on Twitter you will see my comments from yesterday:
Quote:
Hopefully that's an April Fools Day joke because Rawlings' website says they are "reltatively new to the sport of soccer

I don't know when our illustrious "leaders" will ever learn!

Rawlings Soccer Gear

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 04/02/15 07:41 PM.
C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
But does it have the NFHS stamp on it?

W
Bench
Bench
W
This is flat out silly in my honest opinion. The ball should be addressed this summer and at Fall rules meetings.I have seen the soccer balls and to say they were from this decade is ridiculous. I think soccer players deserve better. I can not speak for the other sports though. I know in my baseball playing days Rawlings had a great product.

J
JKC Offline OP
Bench
OP Offline
Bench
J

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
Who is going to pay for these balls if they are to be used in the playoffs? High School league or the schools? We have never heard of this from our AD about using special balls.

World Cup
World Cup
Originally Posted By: keeepersd2002
Who is going to pay for these balls if they are to be used in the playoffs? High School league or the schools? We have never heard of this from our AD about using special balls.

If this is like the current contract with Spalding, then it will only impact the SCHSL State Championships and not playoff matches. It doesn't go into effect until 7/1/15, so I am sure we will hear more about this at the SCACA Summer Clinic.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Has anyone played with this soccer ball? Do we know if it is any good?

Several years ago, we played with a Premier League ball that cost $100+ and were told it was not good enough for the HSL because it didn't have the stamp on it. Ok! Good enough for the BPL, but not the SCHSL. I had to laugh.

Goal
Goal
What a joke. I hope that in my lifetime the SCHSL has divisions for individual sports or at least a head man who is open to change and keeping up with the times.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Originally Posted By: eMnAvA
What a joke. I hope that in my lifetime the SCHSL has divisions for individual sports or at least a head man who is open to change and keeping up with the times.

How old are you? confused

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard