Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
C
Throw In
Throw In
C
The Gatorade Player of the Year Award is about High School, not Club. Granted, the winners do all play Club, but I have to agree, it is odd so many Hyslop CESA girls have won it and not more Wando girls, a school that has dominated 4A for many years and yes, have sent many girls on to play in college.

No doubt the winners have all been deserving, but there have been many others equally deserving at Wando and other schools.

Seems like the CESA "hype" machine keeps the CESA players in the loop for GPOY.

F
Throw In
Throw In
F
Originally Posted By: Cajunkid
The Gatorade Player of the Year Award is about High School, not Club. Granted, the winners do all play Club, but I have to agree, it is odd so many Hyslop CESA girls have won it and not more Wando girls, a school that has dominated 4A for many years and yes, have sent many girls on to play in college.

No doubt the winners have all been deserving, but there have been many others equally deserving at Wando and other schools.

Seems like the CESA "hype" machine keeps the CESA players in the loop for GPOY.

Yes, the winners have all been deserving. Of course, there are other players also deserving. Sadly, all the deserving players don't win the GPOY...Such is Life

How successful have the college careers been of the previous winners that played for Andrew? That so called CESA hype machine doesn't do much good after they leave the club, so they have to produce. It probably won't take much research to see that they have...

C
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
C
@Dale

How much coffee have you has this morning?

Brace
Brace
Wando's Raymara Barreto deserves strong consideration for this award this year IMO.

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
C
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
C
All this joking and chest-pumping aside, I'm looking forward to some great soccer today. I have my favorites, but really hoping to watch good soccer. Good luck to all six schools!!

D
Kickoff
Kickoff
D
I'm not much on the GPOTY. Too many good kids to single out just one. As far as CESA, the girls migrate to the club and play much better and older competition. Therefore they get seen more through the ECNL showcases. Just right now, he has helped over 14 girls get great scholarships to play in the ACC, SEC, and 5 at Furman. With those type of odds and if you want to play in college, why wouldn't you play for Andrew. He will go to the end of the earth for you regarding soccer if you are willing to go there too.

D
Kickoff
Kickoff
D
I would like to know beside Barreto going to C of C, are there any other Wando girls playing college ball?

D
Kickoff
Kickoff
D
Gatorade player success: Devita was a 3 time winner. She was Southern Conference player of the year and leading scorer.
Drennan: All time assist leader at USC
McKaskell: didn't play high school but played for Cesa: College Freshman of the Year. Not just for the SEC but for all Div. 1
Jennie from JL Mann last year: just starting here career at Clemson.
Last years and this years boys both from Mann are at Clemson.

That looks like a lot of success to me.

D
Kickoff
Kickoff
D
Will anybody ragging on CESA on this board actually be at the finals tonight?

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Dale, nobody is ragging on CESA.

We all know CESA is a great club.

But, none of us are in love with Andrew as you seem to be.

You obviously don't know him like some do.

Glad your experience with him is grand, there are many who will not say the same about their experiences with him.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard