Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#169554 05/06/15 11:40 PM
P
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
P
A little to question for entertainment to break up the monotony of playoff talk.
Take a quick look at a video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJaRc2-vXdw

You should notice that the referee is in a perfect position to see what happens, that the player in blue actually has his back to the ball, and that no foul is called, much less a caution or a sending off.

I've been told that the SCHSL league office will not look at film from games, though I suppose they do look at the referees' reports, assuming that the referees submit game reports.

So my question: what would you do if these two players were yours? Would you sanction your own player if the blue player were yours? And what would you do after the fact if the white player were yours? Or, what would you do if the player in white were your kid?

P
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
P
Oh, I forgot. Imagine that the player in white, despite the appearance of the video, suffered a concussion and will not be able to play the rest of the season.

Goal
Goal
I'm confused. What happened? I don't see anything wrong with the play.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Fair enough to me. Nothing malicious. What field is that?

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
P
Throw In
OP Offline
Throw In
P
The ball is clearly away when the contact occurs. #3 in blue has his back to the ball, so he is clearly not playing the ball. Instead of avoiding contact, he actually jumps into the contact--you can see him come off his feet. And if you watch really carefully, you can see the right arm following through at about head level for the player in white.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I saw the arm fly up and it did look as if the blue player initiated contact, but nothing that is reprehensible in my opinion.

Goal
Goal
I can't say the ball was "clearly" away when a player is running at full speed like he was. The arm was a little high but it doesn't look like he was trying to hurt the player, just my opinion.

Is that a playoff game? What schools?

Kickoff
Kickoff
Much ado about nothing. Two words: Weight Room!

N
Kickoff
Kickoff
N
A lot of factors go into what the referee calls. I agree 100% that this is a reckless foul. Reckless = Caution/YC. It appears that the referee was in a perfect spot to make/not make this call. After the foul, the ball looked as if it was cleared up the field for the team that was fouled?? The referee allowed play to continue and should have come back and issued a YC after play went out for a stoppage. MY OPINION. Like i said, a lot of factors. Would the team that got fouled benefit from the foul not being called? How was the referee calling the rest of the game? I only got to see one segment of the game. 14 seconds???? Refereeing is about angles. Maybe his was not the best. Referees are human.

A
Bench
Bench
A
It was a foul no doubt. Does it need a card, in my opinion, probably not. Doesn't look like you would get much out of the card there. Everybody seemed to be cordial about what happened afterward.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard