Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Kickoff
Kickoff
T
DP players can only play in 6 DA games before they have to rostered as full time. once that happens no more high school.

as far as the Dutch Fork players, it is funny how one of the players added is the son of the assistant coach at Dutch Fork and his Mom is on the board of the SC/Battery DA. Where is the head coaches committment to the team? how does he look the two players who ultimately lose playing time in the face and explain why they aren't playing anymore.

T
Bench
Bench
T
From what I've heard, the team voted on it (twice) and unanimously voted 'yes' to have these two talented players join the team. It's their team and they had this option and chose to go a different route than what many have said on this thread. Is it wrong? Is it right? Guess it depends on your personal opinion. But if the boys that will receive less playing time with the two players being added voted 'yes' to adding them and it's within the letter of the law....

May be an issue to discuss in the future, so add that to the list with private schools playing against public schools, kids crossing attendance zones, etc.

In any case, good luck to all remaining teams in the playoffs.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Originally Posted By: Tarheel007
From what I've heard, the team voted on it (twice) and unanimously voted 'yes' to have these two talented players join the team. It's their team and they had this option and chose to go a different route than what many have said on this thread. Is it wrong? Is it right? Guess it depends on your personal opinion. But if the boys that will receive less playing time with the two players being added voted 'yes' to adding them and it's within the letter of the law....

May be an issue to discuss in the future, so add that to the list with private schools playing against public schools, kids crossing attendance zones, etc.

In any case, good luck to all remaining teams in the playoffs.

I'm going to guess this wasn't a secret ballot, so it's no wonder how a high school kid is going to "vote" with his coach standing in front of him. Not much pressure there, eh?

As a parent, it would be difficult to have my sons play for this coach. But what do you do in that instance, move? Not a good situation. I'm hopeful that those of you that are coaches and administrators will pursue a resolution.

Go Blue!! Go Canes!!
F
Bench
Bench
F
Reading thru the posts..SCHSL should look to address new situations relating to player eligibility and add rules if necessary after a full review. But relating to alledging whether or not this coach or these particular players were unethical or showed poor sportsmanship is wrong. These players played for this high school for all of jv as well as on this varsity team for this coach. When DA rules changed and the coach and team lost access to these players...I don't remember seeing posts relating to what was unethical or unfair to the team and coach then. The coach and team accepted the DA rules and built the best team he could. Just as this season, when the rules and timing allowed him access to these players again, he conferred with his team to ensure their feelings on the matter, and built the best team he could within the rules. I agree that SCHSL should review the rules but these coaches and players did nothing unethical.

S
Brace
Brace
S
I don't believe that the message in this thread is that of chastising the DF soccer program for this. Their situation just so happens to bring this issue to the table.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
B
Bench
Bench
B
Some of you already saw this story (maybe all). Wanted to post here to further the discussion and also maybe suggest a pathway forward (via SCHSL's Skip Lax)
http://www.heraldonline.com/sports/high-school/article21131499.html

C
Goal
Goal
C
Seems like coaches in Northern Virginia are having the same issue. A good read.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/hig...223d_story.html

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard