Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
eMnAvA #169918 05/16/15 10:10 PM
L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
River Fluff needs the extra cash so they can afford to pay Savitz and his merry men who couldn't win 3A last year or 4A this year- there is always 5A next year. Maybe Brookland Cayce can finally get one too since all of the good teams will move up to 4A

lvrpul #169922 05/16/15 10:30 PM
D
Kickoff
Kickoff
D
Originally Posted By: lvrpul
River Fluff needs the extra cash so they can afford to pay Savitz and his merry men who couldn't win 3A last year or 4A this year- there is always 5A next year. Maybe Brookland Cayce can finally get one too since all of the good teams will move up to 4A

That's funny. I say again. It is not the $5, it is just the principle. Just some quick math for the season. Ticket prices $5 per person per regular season game, playoff go to $6, Finals go to $10 and $5 to park. Total for the season for a family of 4 not including the player who gets in free:
assume 20 game season and all the way to finals. Total cost is: $541.00. That is just to get into the games. Just seems petty at River Bluff. To park here is $5. If you park in the upper parking lot it is free, but a 20 minute walk.
I literally helped 4 kids pay to get in last night because they didn't expect it to be so expensive. Most colleges don't charge for the game except USC, but you don't pay for parking.

F
Bench
Bench
F
Originally Posted By: Dave Easley
2015 A/AA Girls State Championship
River Bluff HS, Lexington SC

Christ Church 0-4 Academic Magnet
Halftime: CC 0-2 AM.
Goals: (AM) Marin Miller 9', Maddy Carens 13', 73'; Alexis Polcyn 67'.
Assists: (AM) Jesse Dooley 2.
Shots: CC 2-20 AM.
Saves: (CC) Taylor Pearman 6; (AM) Chris Sacha 2.
Corner Kicks: CC 1-7 AM.
Fouls: CC 5-6 AM.
Offsides: None.
Cautions: None.
Ejections: None.
Officials: Andy Balfour, Kevin McLear, Devon McCaskill, Scott Mehle, Mark Rennix, Barry Kemp.
Weather: 83 Degrees; Mostly Sunny.
Records: CC (20-4); AM (20-1-2).

2015 AAA Girls State Championship

Dreher 7-3 Hilton Head Island
Halftime: D 5-2 HH.
Goals: (D) Kasey Parker 1', 4', 26', 36', 45'; Naomi Matthusen 20', 77'; (HH) Rebecca Johnston 4', Rebeka Parent 8', Samantha Wammock 72'.
Assists: (D) Kirstin Ellinger 3, Sam Snow, Melinda Ingwersen;
Shots: D 13-5 HH.
Saves: (D) Gracie Barrineau 0; (HH) Wammock 4.
Corner Kicks: D 3-0 HH.
Fouls: D 13-4 HH.
Offsides: D 6-0 HH.
Cautions: (HH) Wammock, 26'; (D) Dreher Bench, 41'.
Officials: Don Williams, Kylie Allen, Shaun O'Shea, Ben Price, Michael Steinbar, Barry Kemp.
Records: D (21-2); HH (21-5).

2015 AAAA Girls State Championship

J.L. Mann 3-2 Wando
Halftime: M 2-2 W.
Goals: (M) Sarah Dixon 9', Elizabeth Stahlman 40', Marian Wolsky 56'; (W) Raymara Barreto 28', Hannah Betfort 32'.
Assists: (M) Claudia Murphy.
Shots: M 9-11 W.
Saves: (M) Moly Lynch 3; (W) Lauren Karinshak 2.
Corner Kicks: M 4-7 W.
Fouls: M 12-11 W.
Offsides: M 1-0 W.
Officials: Gino Volpe, Nicholas Legut, Bo Sylvia, Zachary Smith, Joel Barber, Barry Kemp.
Weather: 83 Degrees; Overcast.
Records: M (26-1-1); W (19-3).

I don't know where the stats came from for the Girl's AAAA Championship, but there are a few errors. When I saw the stats I said to myself "there is no way Wando outshot Mann" in that match. So I went back and watched the match again online. Below are the stats as I recorded them for the match:

J.L. Mann 3-2 Wando
Goals: (M) Sarah Dixon 9', Elizabeth Stahlman 40', Marian Wolsky 56'; (W) Raymara Barreto 28', Hannah Betfort 32'.
Assists: (M) Claudia Murphy 9', (M) Sarah Dixon 40', (M) Meredith Bailey 56".
Shots: M 15-11 W.
Saves: (M) Moly Lynch 5; (W) Lauren Karinshak 4.
Fouls: M 14-12 W.
Offsides: M 2-0 W.
Officials: Gino Volpe, Nicholas Legut, Bo Sylvia, Zachary Smith, Joel Barber, Barry Kemp.

This really was a great match with two girl's soccer heavyweights throwing everything they had at each. Surprisingly, the first half was much more wide open; in the second half things really tightened up defensively. The only shot Mann had on goal in the 2nd half was the goal scored by Marian Wolski on 5 total shots. Wando had only 4 shots in the 2nd half with 2 on goal. Both keepers made one big save in the match with Karinshak's coming early in the game to keep Wando down by only a goal and Lynch's coming in the 61st minute to protect a 3-2 lead.

As for the officiating...fair at best for a few reasons. I thought the foul in the box leading to Wando's 1st goal by PK was a little soft. In a championship match I think that gets called only about 4 out of 10 times. The disallowed goal for offsides that Mann scored the 2nd half was wrong. Had to watch the video frame-by-frame because at full speed it's difficult to tell with the two players moving in opposite direction. A/R was in perfect position to see it though. I initially thought it was offsides as well. After the 3rd Mann goal, fouls flourished. Fouls that had been running even all match, started piling up on Mann with several non-calls on Wando. Prior to the goal for about the first hour of the match, fouls were Wando 9 and Mann 8. In the last 20+ minutes fouls were Mann 6 and Wando 3.

D
Kickoff
Kickoff
D
Originally Posted By: ForTheLoveOfTheGame
Originally Posted By: Dave Easley
2015 A/AA Girls State Championship

Christ Church 0-4 Academic Magnet
Halftime: CC 0-2 AM.
Goals: (AM) Marin Miller 9', Maddy Carens 13', 73'; Alexis Polcyn 67'.
Assists: (AM) Jesse Dooley 2.
Shots: CC 2-20 AM.
Saves: (CC) Taylor Pearman 6; (AM) Chris Sacha 2.
Corner Kicks: CC 1-7 AM.
Fouls: CC 5-6 AM.
Offsides: None.
Officials: Andy Balfour, Kevin McLear, Devon McCaskill, Scott Mehle, Mark Rennix, Barry Kemp.
Records: CC (20-4); AM (20-1-2).

2015 AAA Girls State Championship

Dreher 7-3 Hilton Head Island
Halftime: D 5-2 HH.
Goals: (D) Kasey Parker 1', 4', 26', 36', 45'; Naomi Matthusen 20', 77'; (HH) Rebecca Johnston 4', Rebeka Parent 8', Samantha Wammock 72'.
Assists: (D) Kirstin Ellinger 3, Sam Snow, Melinda Ingwersen;
Shots: D 13-5 HH.
Saves: (D) Gracie Barrineau 0; (HH) Wammock 4.
Corner Kicks: D 3-0 HH.
Fouls: D 13-4 HH.
Offsides: D 6-0 HH.
Cautions: (HH) Wammock, 26'; (D) Dreher Bench, 41'.
Officials: Don Williams, Kylie Allen, Shaun O'Shea, Ben Price, Michael Steinbar, Barry Kemp.
Records: D (21-2); HH (21-5).

J.L. Mann 3-2 Wando
Assists: (M) Claudia Murphy.
Shots: M 9-11 W.
Saves: (M) Moly Lynch 3; (W) Lauren Karinshak 2.
Fouls: M 12-11 W.
Offsides: M 1-0 W.

I don't know where the stats came from for the Girl's AAAA Championship, but there are a few errors. When I saw the stats I said to myself "there is no way Wando outshot Mann" in that match. So I went back and watched the match again online. Below are the stats as I recorded them for the match:

J.L. Mann 3-2 Wando
Assists: (M) Claudia Murphy 9', (M) Sarah Dixon 40', (M) Meredith Bailey 56".
Shots: M 15-11 W.
Saves: (M) Moly Lynch 5; (W) Lauren Karinshak 4.
Fouls: M 14-12 W.
Offsides: M 2-0 W.

This really was a great match with two girl's soccer heavyweights throwing everything they had at each. Surprisingly, the first half was much more wide open; in the second half things really tightened up defensively. The only shot Mann had on goal in the 2nd half was the goal scored by Marian Wolski on 5 total shots. Wando had only 4 shots in the 2nd half with 2 on goal. Both keepers made one big save in the match with Karinshak's coming early in the game to keep Wando down by only a goal and Lynch's coming in the 61st minute to protect a 3-2 lead.

As for the officiating...fair at best for a few reasons. I thought the foul in the box leading to Wando's 1st goal by PK was a little soft. In a championship match I think that gets called only about 4 out of 10 times. The disallowed goal for offsides that Mann scored the 2nd half was wrong. Had to watch the video frame-by-frame because at full speed it's difficult to tell with the two players moving in opposite direction. A/R was in perfect position to see it though. I initially thought it was offsides as well. After the 3rd Mann goal, fouls flourished. Fouls that had been running even all match, started piling up on Mann with several non-calls on Wando. Prior to the goal for about the first hour of the match, fouls were Wando 9 and Mann 8. In the last 20+ minutes fouls were Mann 6 and Wando 3.

Thanks for looking all that up. I knew there was no way Wando outshot Mann. Also, the foul in the box was very soft and was only called to tie the game.
After Mann went up in the 2nd half, you could tell a real difference in the officiating. It became very 1 sided. At one point, a Mann defender was plowed into the ground, no foul called and she stayed there for 2 minutes and the ref never stopped play.
I don't know why they feel like they have to keep it close. If it was a better called game, Mann could have possibly won by 2 or 3 goals. They were definitely the better team and will be just as good or better next year.
The Mattison girl that is committed to USC might play (she will be a senior) and a Freshman national player that is as good as anybody that was on the field Friday will be playing. They only lose 3 starters.
Thanks again.

C
Kickoff
Kickoff
C
"I knew there was no way Wando outshot Mann. Also, the foul in the box was very soft and was only called to tie the game.
After Mann went up in the 2nd half, you could tell a real difference in the officiating. It became very 1 sided. At one point, a Mann defender was plowed into the ground, no foul called and she stayed there for 2 minutes and the ref never stopped play.
I don't know why they feel like they have to keep it close. If it was a better called game, Mann could have possibly won by 2 or 3 goals. They were definitely the better team and will be just as good or better next year."

Nothing like a gracious winner.

G
Bench
Bench
G
Thanks for taking your time to check the stats.

I agree with your comments:

1. Wando's backline could not prevent Mann's front line from producing many high quality chances so SOG initially reported did not seem accurate.

2. Refs: The incorrect offside call that took away a Mann goal and came on a very late flag after the play. The PK was a harsh call but I'm OK with that one on the if you see it you call it basis but the offside miss makes it stand out.

3. Two great programs. This year Mann was the better team but Wando's returning yet again to state championship game was impressive.

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Originally Posted By: green15
Thanks for taking your time to check the stats.

I agree with your comments:

1. Wando's backline could not prevent Mann's front line from producing many high quality chances so SOG initially reported did not seem accurate.

2. Refs: The incorrect offside call that took away a Mann goal and came on a very late flag after the play. The PK was a harsh call but I'm OK with that one on the if you see it you call it basis but the offside miss makes it stand out.

3. Two great programs. This year Mann was the better team but Wando's returning yet again to state championship game was impressive.

After watching the game in person and on video, I agree with these comments. It was a soft foul, but it was a foul. It was unfortunate the refs called both the foul and the offside, which made the game appear closer than it actually was.

The offside call is disappointing. It not only took away a well executed goal from Mann, but it also took away a deserved second goal and assist from the two players involved in the goal. Number 16 scored two very good goals in that game, but one was disallowed. The first was the goal with three seconds left in the half. It started with a perfect pass through three defenders and ended with a goal that showed a whole lot of composure as the seconds ticked down. That goal probably changed the game.

The goal which was called offside, wasn't offside. Again, there was a excellent pass followed by a well placed shot into the corner of the goal. Fortunately, that call didn't affect the results of the game. The score is in the record books, and, despite the call, the best team that night did end up winning. These are two very good soccer programs. It was a fun game to watch, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them meet up again either in next year's Viking Cup or in the State Championship.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Were the games recorded and made available online?

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Originally Posted By: dhunter
Were the games recorded and made available online?

Scroll down to the bottom and you will find the link. I'm not sure if the video is still available.

http://schsl.org/

K
KS Offline
Bench
Bench
K
I watched the AAAA Girls game and thought it was awful. I appreciate the film but the guys announcing have no clue about soccer. Really a weak production!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard