Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
P
Just want some clarification on whether or not preseason tournaments should be labeled as an exhibition/scrimmage or not, which would mean the results would be reflected on a teams record or not.

I see teams posting these results both ways and just wondering which way is correct.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Tournament matches DO COUNT on a team's record. These are not exhibitions or scrimmages. Only Jamborees (half a match) and Friendlies (scrimmages/exhibitions) DO NOT COUNT on a team's record.

P
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
P
Thank you Kyle. That is what I thought, just wanted to be clear.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Can you explain why a preseason tournament counts? The whole point of preseason is to try formations, player positions, etc. before the games that matter start. It does not make sense to have a preseason tournament count, when a non-tournament preseason game does not count.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Originally Posted By: jvcoach
Can you explain why a preseason tournament counts? The whole point of preseason is to try formations, player positions, etc. before the games that matter start. It does not make sense to have a preseason tournament count, when a non-tournament preseason game does not count.

This is true of all HS sports - preseason tournaments count on records. Might have to do with paying officials and charging admission. I don't think officials get paid for scrimmages or teams charge for scrimmages, but they do at tourneys. Not sure of the 'rule' per se, but know that preseason counts on records.

Sometimes it's a bit unfair to smaller schools based on their records and missing players from basketball, wrestling, cheerleading, etc. However, it is not where you start, but where you finish that ultimately counts!

Bench
Bench
Coach, let me know where your next game is and I'll supply the orange slices for halftime!

Dude ... that means you, whether male or female, short boarder or long boarder, grommet or old fart.
Brace
Brace
While it is true that those tournament results count on your overall record, the way it is balanced for smaller schools (1A and 2A) is that they DO NOT count toward playoffs seedings... when i submit my schedule/results for the Seeding Committee, i do not submit my win and loss from the Azalea Shootout. It works out for larger schools b/c their playoffs are based off region results.

Dr. Jason Hamil
Head Boys Soccer Coach
Academic Magnet High School

Link Copied to Clipboard