Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#170971 03/04/16 01:49 PM
Bench
OP Offline
Bench
I live in Mt. Pleasant now and went to the Summerville scrimmage with Bishop England last week. I didn't know that the Green Wave had lost a couple of days earlier to Wando 9-0. Then I watched BE blast SHS 10-1. I saw where they beat Goose Creek in PKs. What's going on at SHS? This is shocking to me.

Dude ... that means you, whether male or female, short boarder or long boarder, grommet or old fart.
Goal
Goal
So many variables go into having a "successful" season and being a good, competitive team year after year and it gets harder and harder to do.

I haven't seen Summerville play this year, we play them next week, but I know they graduated at least 12 players and that is tough for most programs. Most programs go through up and down years but it's tough for programs like Summerville and ours when Wando is in our backyard and never has a down year. A down year for them is losing in the lower state championship or state championship.

Most of the high school coaches in this area, and probably the state, are working our butts off to try to get to that level of standard but at the end of the day, we can only play the cards we are dealt.

I have no doubts that Coach Rasner will get Summerville back on track and back to winning games.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
and don't underestimate BE either.
Watched two games and they are pretty deep

satus quod perago validus - start and finish strong
A
Goal
Goal
A
I echo Alister's thoughts--I am sure Coach Rasner will have the Greenwave rolling again. Losing 12 to graduation would be tough on any program, including Wando's.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I think Rasner does a good job. Probably will sound harsher than I intend it to but Summerville Soccer Club is not what it once was, and Ashley Ridge has certainly siphoned off alot of the former boys talent.

Link Copied to Clipboard