Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Old Gal Offline OP
Goal Kick
OP Offline
Goal Kick
O
The S.C. Hoops Festival was held March 12 at Heathwood Hall and had two all-star games for Seniors (boys/girls) and also Juniors (boys/girls). I've always heard that the SCHSL does not allow a "Junior Showcase". If basketball can stage one why can't soccer?

Irmo seniors reunite at all-star event
Lou Bezjak, The State

PREP NOTEBOOK: New hoops all-star games will showcase local talent
Lou Bezjak, The State

Quote:
A new high school basketball all-star game and junior showcase event is coming to Columbia next month.

The Capital City Senior All-Star game and South Carolina Junior Showcase will be held March 12 at Heathwood Hall.

“It will be a first-class event,” said event organizer Carey Rich, who played at C.A. Johnson and South Carolina. “I was able to attain my dream and play at the next level and want to put other kids in the position to attain that same dream.”

The Capital City Senior All-Star game will feature boys and girls players from around the Columbia area not playing in one of the South Carolina Coaches all-star games. The Junior Showcase will feature the top junior boys and girls from around the state in both public and private schools.

“We want to showcase some of the top juniors in the state to go up against each other,” Rich said. “With the Capital senior game, we want to give them one last opportunity playing on a big stage and allow them a chance to reach the next level. If we can help at least or two kids to do that, then we did our job.”

Rich said coaches for the games will be announced this weekend and rosters will be released next week.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Good question and one I'll follow up on. Thanks for the info.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
It is legal, per the SCHSL, if organized by an outside organization.

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard