Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
U
Throw In
Throw In
U
No keepers selected for 3A girls. Interesting.

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Upon closer review, only one all state keeper period on the girls' side. That is hard to believe.

World Cup
World Cup
Originally Posted By: upstatesoccermom
Upon closer review, only one all state keeper period on the girls' side. That is hard to believe.

Class 4A
Lauren Karinshak, Senior, Goalkeeper, Wando (Clash of the Carolinas)

Class 3A
none

Class 2A/1A
Logan Leask, Senior, Goalkeeper, Bishop England (North-South Soccer Classic)

World Cup
World Cup
Below is an exchange I had with a parent from the Lowcountry on Monday, May 9 from 5:23-6:18 p.m.:

Quote:
Hello Mr. Heise, I am sending you this email because I am very curious as to how the kids are selected to the All State Teams. There were several players at 1, 2, and 3 High Schools to name a few, that had amazing seasons, They lead the state in scoring, and were Great leaders on and off the field. How are these kids overlooked? And to not have one player from these areas Not selected raises a question. When you look at the list there are multiple kids from the same schools. Is this more of a political process? I'm Wondering how we can get these low country area players some exposure. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Quote:
Thanks for the email. Believe me, it is hardly a “political process”. What it is, however, is done with due diligence and within the guidelines provided by the parent organization, S.C. Athletic Coaches Association, and their rules/by-laws.

Below is the criteria for all eligible SCHSL student-athletes:

The S.C. High School Soccer Coaches Association selects an all-state team for each classification that has a state championship named -- Boys: Class 4A, Class 3A, Class 2A, and Class 1A; Girls: Class 4A, Class 3A, and Class 2A/1A.

Players eligible for this honor include all varsity soccer players for the 2016 season including foreign exchange students. To nominate a deserving player, please click this link -- SurveyMonkey-2016-All-State. ONLY PLAYERS WHOSE COACH IS A MEMBER OF THE SCHSSCA MAY BE SELECTED TO AN ALL-STAR TEAM.

Nominations are due by Friday, April 29 at 5:00 p.m. No exceptions! All nominations must be completed via SurveyMonkey link, no late or on-the-floor nominations will be accepted.

In regards to the “Lowcountry” players not eligible this season – that falls directly on those soccer programs and athletic administrations for not emphasizing to their coaching staff the importance of SCACA and SCHSSCA membership for the 2015-16 calendar year. SCACA accepts membership through December of each academic year.

As a parent, I would make sure that the principals, athletic directors, and varsity head coaches know the protocol for this type of recognition and be “professional” in their duties. It’s very discouraging to see deserving student-athletes cheated out of these types of opportunities due to the sheer negligence or ignorance of people paid to perform these actions.

Again, thanks for the dialogue and I hope those schools and programs will become active with the SCACA and SCHSSCA for 2016-17.

Quote:
Kyle, Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate your time in answering my questions. Is this something that is sent to all of the coaches at some point asking them to join? Or is it up to them to contact the organization? Looking at the list the last few years, and what you had just told me it seems our participation is weak in these areas.

Quote:
No worries – if I was in your position I would be asking questions as well!

All Principals, ADs, etc., are sent this information and SCACA has a website - http://sccoaches.org/ - that is available 24/7/365.

This academic year (2015-16) the SCHSSCA – the auxiliary organization for soccer of SCACA – had 288 members (an increase of four coaches from 2014-15).

http://forums.scsoccer.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=170340#Post170340

As a service to our SCHSSCA constituents we publish this list in the Fall and update it regularly through December every year to remind prep soccer coaches of their membership status.

In addition, the parent organization, SCACA, sponsors an all-sports clinic every July (this year it’s in Charleston) and the SCHSSCA sponsors a Winter Clinic in Columbia each January. Opportunities are endless to be honest – the old adage, “you can lead a horse to water, but can’t make it drink”, applies to many of these encounters.

In short, being a “professional coach” means a lot more than rolling out the balls and practicing. It’s all encompassing and, quite simply, some “coaches” neglect this aspect of the profession.

All the best and good luck this week in the postseason!

U
Throw In
Throw In
U
Originally Posted By: Kyle Heise
Originally Posted By: upstatesoccermom

<u>Class 4A</u>
Lauren Karinshak, Senior, Goalkeeper, Wando (Clash of the Carolinas)

<u>Class 3A</u>
none

Thanks. I missed the BE keeper.
<u>Class 2A/1A</u>
Logan Leask, Senior, Goalkeeper, Bishop England (North-South Soccer Classic)

S
Bench
Bench
S
I imagine it is an annual topic of discussion. It is very frustrating when coaches don't nominate their players for awards such as all-star and all-state. Our coach at least nominated one player for all-state, but only after I mentioned it to him and that the deadline was quickly approaching. His nomination was the team captain, had 24 goals and 12 assists; scored half of the goals for his team to help them finish joint 2nd in the region. And that after coming in as a new senior from out of state. No all-star nominations surprisingly. It definitely requires coaches to actively pursue recognition for their most deserving players.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Wow! I have not been on this board for 4-5 years. Been watching my step-son in baseball. Going to watch the finals tomorrow and am looking forward to it. Seems people are still griping about the all-state teams. It's the same in baseball, although there is no public place to really rant. It comes down to coaches doing their jobs. Be thankful if you have a coach that cares and is in it for the kids more than themselves!

World Cup
World Cup
The NSCAA All-State Certificates have arrived and are available to be mailed. If you would like to coordinate your classification's mail list, I will send you the certificates and let you distribute them accordingly. Send an email to Kyle Heise. Thanks!

BOYS
Class 4A -
Class 3A -
Class 2A -
Class 1A - David Wilcox, Christ Church

GIRLS
Class 4A -
Class 3A -
Class 2A/1A -

Last edited by Kevin Heise; 05/19/16 12:26 PM.
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Thanks to David Wilcox for volunteering to mail the 1A Boys NSCAA All-State Certificates.

World Cup
World Cup
Originally Posted By: Kyle Heise
The NSCAA All-State Certificates have arrived and are available to be mailed. If you would like to coordinate your classification's mail list, I will send you the certificates and let you distribute them accordingly. Send an email to Kyle Heise. Thanks!
BOYS
Class 4A -
Class 3A -
Class 2A -
Class 1A - David Wilcox, Christ Church

GIRLS
Class 4A -
Class 3A -
Class 2A/1A -

The following coaches have picked up their certificates from my house:
Emily Heise, Brookland-Cayce Girls
Kevin Heise, Brookland-Cayce Boys
David Kleinfelder, Dreher Girls
Mike Mauldin, Dutch Fork Girls
Bob Taylor, Chapin Girls

I have mailed certificates to:
Philip Boyer, Daniel Boys
Josef Lorenz, Dorman Girls (Returned 6/4/16 - remailed 6/8/16)
Dave Myers, South Aiken Boys
David Wilcox, Christ Church Boys (1A Boys All-State Certificates)

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 06/08/16 12:34 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard