Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
The S.C. High School League State Championship Weekend will be May 13-14 at Irmo H.S. W.C. Hawkins Stadium (6671 St. Andrews Road, Columbia 29212).

Friday, May 13
3:00 pm - Boys 1A
5:00 pm - Girls 2A/1A
7:00 pm - Boys 2A

Saturday, May 14
11:30 am - Girls 3A
1:30 pm - Boys 3A
3:30 pm - Girls 4A
6:00 pm - Boys 4A

Admission is $10.

The S.C. High School Soccer Coaches Association will operate the canteen at the state championships and ask for our members to make donations for canteen supplies - 20oz Gatorade/Powerades, bottled water, Coke products (12 oz. can drinks), chips, candy, peanuts, popcorn, etc. If you would like to make a donation, please 'sign up' in this thread.

All proceeds from the state championships will go towards the two summer all-star game funds.

We also need canteen volunteers to man the canteen during the games. If you would like to volunteer, please indicate a time for your service in this thread via reply.

Goal
Goal
Just curious, why is it being held at Irmo and not Riverbluff again? Just curious

Goal
Goal
I heard Irmo submitted an application to host and River Bluff did not.

Victory Starts Here!
Goal
Goal
Hmm... just surprised. Wonder why RB, Gilbert, or anyone else didn't submit? I can understand, it probably is a good bit of work to put things together

Goal
Goal
GILBERT? That place smells like sh$%!!!! No really...chicken...sh$%!!

Goal
Goal
Oh I know. Had to coach at that place a few times. I just remember a few years back they hosted. Still remember the Irmo/Lexington Game.

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
If you wish to volunteer to work the SCHSL State Championships, please contact Katie Clampitt at kclampitt@richland2.org.

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Bumping this up! We will need assistance in running two canteens at Irmo HS -- one under the main home stands and one on the visitor's side. We will accept donations of 20 oz Gatorades, 12 oz Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, etc. and bottled water.

Please post in this thread or contact Katie Clampitt at the address above to let us know what you or your school/organization will be donating and what time(s) you will staff the canteens.

F
Bench
Bench
F
Originally Posted By: Kevin Heise
The S.C. High School League State Championship Weekend will be May 13-14 at Irmo H.S. W.C. Hawkins Stadium.

Does anyone else find it rather hypocritical and disingenuous that the state association would choose a venue for the state championships where the field is non-compliant with NFHS rules; yet, make it a crime of major proportions should a Rawlings (i.e., "inferior") ball not be used?

NFHS rules state in Rule 1, Section 2, Article 3:

"…A halfway line shall be marked across the field, equidistant from the goal lines and parallel to them."

And, also state in Rule 1, Section 2, Article 4:

"… The center of the field of play shall be indicated by a spot 9 inches in diameter or other suitable mark;"

NFHS also clearly provides a rule interpretation as follows:

"1.2.1 Situation B: A game is to be played on a field where the home team’s logo obscures the halfway line and center circle. RULING: Illegal"

I'm no legal expert; but, the rules and interpretation seem pretty clear to me that when looking at the soccer field markings at W.C. Hawkins Stadium at Irmo H.S., that the field does NOT comply with the marking rules as stated with regard to the halfway line and spot.

I'm just saying...

World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Gentlemen,

I am once again working with the NFHS broadcast for Championship Weekend over at Irmo. I will be doing the color alongside play by play man Emerson Phillips. Is there anyway you can send an email out or post on the message boards that we are gathering information (stats, special interests, etc) on teams/players for this weekend. Information can be emailed to me at stephen.sutusky@gmail.com Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard