Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
J
I understand that, but you are talking the requirements to change the play dates, right? SCHSL told me that the game times are left up to the schools, so that change can be easily done, if they cared about it.

T
Throw In
Throw In
T
Just To Clarify.
J L Mann did all possible to accommodate.
Ask the coach...

Tasos Georgopoulos J L Mann High School Varsity Girls Soccer
L
Bench
Bench
L
Sorry but I must be missing something. Why as a taxpayer for a public school am I paying for a student to take an AP Exam that will give them collegiate credit during high school hours? Where are the 3 R's? Shouldn't this be on that student's time (like a SAT Saturday)? I don't see this logic at all.

IMO, all playoff week games should be started at 7 pm regardless of location. That's plenty of time to get back at a reasonable hour in a state this small (this isn't Wyoming). In addition, I think the playoffs should be limited a Region Champion and Region Runner-Up making the postseason. Give those teams that earned those seeds the benefit of something honorable and play a home-and-home series. Aggregate goals based on home/away wins. It's how "soccer" is played!

Congrats to the teams still playing! I can't wait to get out and watch Hilton Head Island and Myrtle Beach in an hour's time.

J
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
J
Why the 6:00 kickoff time?

J
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
J
Maybe because it is a year long class at the high school.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Nah, 7pm time is not decent during a school week when we have 3 hours of road trip & have to feed the kids after the game.......and that's if we end on time. Lord forbid we go to OT & PKs

As for start time, I don't think too many programs (if any) will refuse to change a game time to 6pm or 6:30. Plus, how much of a factor is an hour earlier start time that someone will try to use that as an excuse to lose?

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
S
Bench
Bench
S
Originally Posted By: EaglesFutbol
Nah, 7pm time is not decent during a school week when we have 3 hours of road trip & have to feed the kids after the game.......and that's if we end on time. Lord forbid we go to OT & PKs

As for start time, I don't think too many programs (if any) will refuse to change a game time to 6pm or 6:30. Plus, how much of a factor is an hour earlier start time that someone will try to use that as an excuse to lose?

Games should start at 7pm in the playoffs. Most of us parents have to work and cannot get there any earlier.

Goal
Goal
So on a Tues or Thursday when a team has to travel from for example, my area to say a Bishop England (1Hr 54min per google) that we should play at 7 for the parents? Why? Game finishes by 8:30 - 8:45; that thing hits OT/PK's you're looking at 9 - 9:30. Then we have to eat so let's say done by 10 - 10:30. Travel home ETA Midnight. Then still have school on Wed or Friday. It's hard to do but try to get off early or make possible arrangements. Otherwise say good luck and if you see some of the game then great, if not hey its going to happen. Game like that, I'd prefer a 6pm kick. As a parent I'd hate to miss games but sometimes these things happen.

Goal
Goal
Lucky 13 - if they are learning the course material during class time shouldn't they take the Exam during scholarship hours as well? The SAT doesn't directly affect the GPA of a student nor connected to one specific class. AP is more specific and directly effects AP Credits earned.

SAT Subject Tests measure students’ readiness for college-level work in a certain subject.

AP Tests are intended to measure a student’s mastery of college-level material through an examination that touches on the main points of a year-long AP curriculum.

J
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
J
Agree on the travel thing during the week, but this game in question was Friday night.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kevin Heise, Kyle Heise 

Link Copied to Clipboard