Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Bench
Bench
No worries, they will not have to do the recruiting all the rules change next year and all the players will go to Mann on their own.... Wouldn't yours? If your kid was the best of the best in the area, wouldn't you want your kid to play at the best school? I mean really let's all be honest.

http://www.schsl.org/2015/update2016March.pdf

F
Bench
Bench
F
Hey more power to them. As long as their football team stinks, the powers that be could care less how many soccer & lax titles they win. If they ever start winning football games, the party is over.

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Originally Posted By: 1forteam
No worries, they will not have to do the recruiting all the rules change next year and all the players will go to Mann on their own.... Wouldn't yours? If your kid was the best of the best in the area, wouldn't you want your kid to play at the best school? I mean really let's all be honest.

And if we are going to be honest let's admit that it gives you a HUGE unfair advantage over the schools that aren't magnet schools.

Especially on the girls side where one or two players can make the difference between a good team and a championship team.

At this point if you want to win a state championship in soccer you either need to be really big or a magnet school.

K
Bench
Bench
K
Originally Posted By: Pjay
Originally Posted By: 1forteam

And if we are going to be honest let's admit that it gives you a HUGE unfair advantage over the schools that aren't magnet schools.

Especially on the girls side where one or two players can make the difference between a good team and a championship team.

At this point if you want to win a state championship in soccer you either need to be really big or a magnet school.

Isn't this true of all sports? Look at Wando and all the transfers into that school? Look at Byrnes for football. It happens everywhere and for every sport. Did Mann recruit a bunch of baseball players too and that is why they are playing for the state championship? How about softball, Lacross? All of their spring sports are good. I hardly believe they "recruit", kids want to play there because they have a better chance of winning. Just like all football players want to play at Byrnes, they want to win. Go all the way. That is a high school kids dream.

F
Bench
Bench
F
Spin away. That's why we have club sports. Just another nail in the coffin of high school sports. Burn it to the ground. Glad I played in an era when playing for your home team with kids I knew since birth meant something.

Kudos to Lexington.

D
Dale Offline OP
Kickoff
OP Offline
Kickoff
D
You people are stupid with the recruiting statements. Mann took 22 kids last years as magnet students, and only 1 played soccer. And didn't start. The only reason that Mann has that many girls is because people move close to Cesa because they are there 5 times a week. Wouldn't you?

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Originally Posted By: keepernation1

Isn't this true of all sports? Look at Wando and all the transfers into that school? Look at Byrnes for football. It happens everywhere and for every sport. Did Mann recruit a bunch of baseball players too and that is why they are playing for the state championship? How about softball, Lacross? All of their spring sports are good. I hardly believe they "recruit", kids want to play there because they have a better chance of winning. Just like all football players want to play at Byrnes, they want to win. Go all the way. That is a high school kids dream.

I think there is a difference between moving into a school district and being a magnet school, a huge difference.

People certainly move to areas for the schools, but there is a huge difference between making that level of commitment and picking a school for your child based on sports programs.

And soccer, lacrosse and other upper income sports are rip for magnet school because they are established to attract high level students and who plays soccer and lacrosse? High level students.

Which is probably why Mann does good at upper income sports and not so much at lower income sports, right?

And here is a thought- Nation Ford and Fort Mill boys both made the quarter finals this year. These schools are 3-4 miles apart in same town and school district. Now imagine if one of them was a magnet school and sucked up just a few of the other teams best players. How much better would that have made them?

Or Fort Mill girls who lost 2 games this year, give them just a couple of the best players from NAFO and imagine how much better they could have been.

And something like 30% of Mann students are magnet students? So that means maybe 5 players on each soccer team? Maybe more. What team in the state wouldn't want 5 more quality club players on them?

P
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
P
Originally Posted By: Dale
You people are stupid with the recruiting statements. Mann took 22 kids last years as magnet students, and only 1 played soccer. And didn't start. The only reason that Mann has that many girls is because people move close to Cesa because they are there 5 times a week. Wouldn't you?

So the web site is wrong??

https://www.greenville.k12.sc.us/jlmann/main.asp?titleid=history

"We became a magnet academy of Math, Science and Technology in the fall of 1997. About 30 percent of our students are magnet academy students."

Out dated info?

F
Bench
Bench
F
That is not correct, Dale. I know this for a fact. You are telling me that there are no starters for Mann who live in areas not zoned for Mann? Or, live outside of Greenville county? Just own it dude.

J
Kickoff
Kickoff
J
Don't blame the refs, I would look closely at the coaches on both sides. If basic attacking principles are used, Mann wins 5-3. Whatever could have happened did happen.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard