Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Vic Offline
Bench
Bench
V
Not sure why are you so angry Chucky.
At no point anyone said “ To think that if your kid doesn’t play at SCUFC or CESA your kid won’t get recruited or offered a chance to play in college..” that would be dumb.
Statement was that ECNL in general has the most exposure....exposure doesn’t equal signings which is why I said “at that point it’s up to the kids to perform.”
Yes college coaches attend Viking Cup, HS State finals etc....ODP not really unless it’s the international trip. Regionals have been subpar at best for the past 3 years but that’s a separate issue with kids not doing ODP that much anymore and the way things were running.

Did USA have girls go to play in college this year? Of course, but so did Carolina FC and Furman, but to make a statement that both GPS and MP surpassed Columbia’ ECNL recruiting process is a bit of a stretch even for you tho, and I’m from the Upstate haha. It’s all good...take a deep breath. Plenty of room for all the kids to find a soccer program if they want to play.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: scsoccerfan123D
The DPL was 4 clubs last year. The two Florida clubs were dreadful. It was not a good use of parents' time or money. Next year, the Southeast GAL is shaping up to be by far the weakest conference in GAL but now with minimum 6 Florida teams. An event with that SE group will continue to not be a good use of parents' time or money.

Showcases past and future are a good place to see college coaches. You'll still find better showcases than what GAL has to offer. Also let's not confuse & combine what ECNL does for girls at CESA and SCUFC and DPL. DPL and now GAL are woefully far behind ECNL in all measures.

My last point would be to say that since we have been told by some folks who have been unable to grow the sport enough here in the low country over the past two decades to allow for the girls at more than one club to gain entry into a higher level league, I look forward to the GPS-JIYSC-CSC alliance taking that spot over as girls and coaches continue flock to other clubs that demonstrate they want to help grow the game.

#DecencyNotLegacy

@vic @eastoak961: this is what I’m responding to and the absurdity in it. Read my post above his/hers and show me any negativity implied...I’ll wait. That’s right there wasn’t any. Yep the DA folded and the result here in Charleston is our top teams will again be playing both NPL and DPL which provided excellent exposure and some great competition. If I’ve implied that being a bad thing, let me dispel that by saying this is a great opportunity for Charleston kids as opposed to any other alternative with the exception of hauling your daughter to CESA. My last post directly challenges the assumption that a college is only going to recruit at ECNL showcases of as one of you said, Jeff Cup....that’s not true at all.

C
Throw In
Throw In
C
Originally Posted By: Vic

Did USA have girls go to play in college this year? Of course, but so did Carolina FC and Furman, but to make a statement that both GPS and MP surpassed Columbia’ ECNL recruiting process is a bit of a stretch even for you tho, and I’m from the Upstate haha. It’s all good...take a deep breath

Lol I’m breathing! No stretch here, don’t let the league fool you. As someone fully immersed in collegiate soccer here I can tell you that those two clubs had more kids get offered/commit than their ECNL counterpart in Columbia. Hell one of those GPS coaches even worked some magic to get one of his/her former players that had moved to cbsc. But let me go back to being angry and not breathing lol

S
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
S
Originally Posted By: Chuck607
The DPL was 4 clubs last year. The two Florida clubs were dreadful. It was not a good use of parents' time or money. Next year, the Southeast GAL is shaping up to be by far the weakest conference in GAL but now with minimum 6 Florida teams. An event with that SE group will continue to not be a good use of parents' time or money.

Showcases past and future are a good place to see college coaches. You'll still find better showcases than what GAL has to offer. Also let's not confuse & combine what ECNL does for girls at CESA and SCUFC and DPL. DPL and now GAL are woefully far behind ECNL in all measures.

My last point would be to say that since we have been told by some folks who have been unable to grow the sport enough here in the low country over the past two decades to allow for the girls at more than one club to gain entry into a higher level league, I look forward to the GPS-JIYSC-CSC alliance taking that spot over as girls and coaches continue flock to other clubs that demonstrate they want to help grow the game.

#DecencyNotLegacy

@vic @eastoak961: this is what I’m responding to and the absurdity in it. Read my post above his/hers and show me any negativity implied...I’ll wait. That’s right there wasn’t any. Yep the DA folded and the result here in Charleston is our top teams will again be playing both NPL and DPL which provided excellent exposure and some great competition. If I’ve implied that being a bad thing, let me dispel that by saying this is a great opportunity for Charleston kids as opposed to any other alternative with the exception of hauling your daughter to CESA. My last post directly challenges the assumption that a college is only going to recruit at ECNL showcases of as one of you said, Jeff Cup....that’s not true at all.

Chuck it seems amazing you can text while patting yourself on the back with both hands. You and your club go out of your way to limit the girls in this area and then brag about it. We see you now.

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheGame

J
Kickoff
Kickoff
J
So the quality of the league that you play in is more important than the quality of the soccer that you play?

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Originally Posted By: Chuck607

#DecencyNotLegacy

Chuck it seems amazing you can text while patting yourself on the back with both hands. You and your club go out of your way to limit the girls in this area and then brag about it. We see you now.

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheGame

Can you do us all a favor and explain exactly how one could reach the conclusion that the local club with which you have beef is limiting opportunity on the girls side?

S
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
S
I love the "who, me?"

Tick tock

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheGame

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
I love the "who, me?"

Tick tock

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheGame

That’s not very enlightening. Leaves little choice but to assume all short comings of your club are at the blame of others. Not so sure that’s a successful model, but hey good luck!

S
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
S
http://forums.scsoccer.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=18226&Number=176321#Post176322

Funny how history repeats itself. Glad we wont put up with it any longer.

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheSport

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
http://forums.scsoccer.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=18226&Number=176321#Post176322

Funny how history repeats itself. Glad we wont put up with it any longer.

#DecencyNotLegacy
#GrowTheSport

Go ahead and state your case for why ( based on your clubs results ) your club belongs in any league in which they currently don’t have access to on the elite level. Make your case before this chosen audience, why wouldn’t you? Easier to play the victim card?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard