Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#29435 05/12/05 10:39 AM
D
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
D
Awright upstate SCISA - give it up...what's the word on Heathwood. What or who does PW need to watch? Obviously they are playing pretty good soccer right now.

#29436 05/12/05 11:45 AM
Z
throw in
throw in
Z
PW does not need to worry much about Heathwood. Heathwood is a mediocre team with some speed up top. They play a lot of kick ball so put the ball down and pass it around. PW will have a huge advantage at the Porter Gaud field because it is pretty big. Heathwood does well on a small field but on a big field against a good team you can spread them out.

The scoreline for the finals : Pinewood will win by at least 3 goals.

#29437 05/12/05 12:17 PM
B
goal
goal
B
Dain, in a one game scenario it would be foolish to take Heathwood lightly. They have good athletes and come from an athletic program where they know how to win. You can't discount being able to play big in big games as evidenced by the Cardinal Newman game. When HH was fresh early, they were creating chances against CN's defense and were probably unlucky not to have a goal or two earlier. However,CN wore them down and were much fresher at the end of the game.Kevin Graves is a good coach, so don't any mistakes on his part. It will take a very good effort by Pinewood to defeat these guys.

#29438 05/12/05 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BDad11:

I beg to differ with your opinion of Kevin Graves. His behavior last night at the Cardinal Newman game was inexcusable!! He was warned several times by the center referree about language and coming on to the field during the game. At one point, he kicked a ball out far into the woods because he disagreed with an offsides call. He does not set a good example for his players at Heathwood Hall, especially in a Christian school setting. It was very disappointing. Thank God this is his last season at HH!! (And I won't even mention the behavior of the HH fans--disgusting!!)

On the opposite end of the spectrum, CN's Coach Boulware is a class act!! He did not throw tantrums like Graves did and concentrated on the players and the game, not the officiating and making a spectacle of himself. This was Coach Boulware's first season at CN and I hope he is there for a long time!

On another note, the game last night between CN and HH was a nail-biter! The lead switched back and forth until it was 4-4 at the end of two overtime periods. With no score in sudden death overtime, the game was determined by the assinine method of penalty kicks with HH winning at the hand of their very talented goalkeeper. It was a heartbreaker for CN who had the talent and the heart to go all the way but somehow couldn't make it happen. You can't win soccer games if you can't put it in the back of the net. Just wait until next year!!!

#29439 05/12/05 12:40 PM
coach
coach
You go Mom!

#29440 05/12/05 01:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree with 2004striker you have made some dumb comments worst then most of mine. CN just can't beat HH. HH desirved that win... come on up 3-1 and then later 4-4 lucky for CN even to get them into PKs. GO HOME and NEVER POST AGAIN momofcn#18!!

#29441 05/12/05 01:09 PM
D
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
D
mom - It has been a couple of years, but the behavior of Heathwood's fans at a playoff match at their place was deplorable. It has always amused me how some of these "christian" schools tolerate that kind of behavior from the parents.

Bdad - I don't think there will be anyone taking Heathwood lightly. Coming to the game?

#29442 05/12/05 01:15 PM
coach
coach
You_Kick_(your)_Balls,
I was not putting Mom down at all. I was telling her to go after Bdad. Let him have it! The HH coach kicked a ball far out into the woods. How bad can you get?? I bet they never found the ball either.

#29443 05/12/05 01:23 PM
World Cup
World Cup
momofcn#18 -

I've known Kevin Graves almost 20 years and this is the first time I have ever heard anyone question his character. He is an excellent soccer coach, who has always prepared his teams (whether it be at Cardinal Newman, Heathwood Hall, or club ball) very well and I've never once had anyone raise an eyebrow at the conduct of his squads or himself.

I know the loss was a tough one to stomach last night for the Cardinals, who had a great season under Coach John Boulware, but to publicly lambast Coach Graves is uncalled for in my opinion.

Congratulations to Heathwood Hall on their Upper State title!

#29444 05/12/05 01:28 PM
B
goal
goal
B
My assesment of Coach Graves was for his coaching ability.However, I have got to know Coach Graves in the last several years and have found him to be a very nice person as well as a good coach.My boys can play for him anytime! Last night was heated but a clean game by both sides. By the way last I heard Coach Graves was sticking around.As for your Coach Boulware, I totally agree. He IS a class act. He has taken the time after both CN-WH games to say a kind word to my sons.Good coach and nice man!

Dain, I know you guys will be ready. My post was more directed to Zidane who evidently doesn't think much of Heathwood.By the way weren't you one of Ted's Reds.I thought so!!

2004- leave us SCISA types alone.Mind your own bidness!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard