Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
I get 50% on days I work (Club sandwich, caesar salad, and a drink for $4).. and I can get 30% for myself and a guest anytime.. that's the deal right when you're hired too..

Is the economy that bad in Floraville? I mean..I know you're playing in Bolden and all..but REALLY?!

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
What is wrong with you? The other day you have me reporting girl's state scores..and now you ask me about something on the first page of this thread?!

..how long have you been retired old man?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
My mistake..as for your links..I must decline..not on my computer..not on high-speed..don't care enough to wait.. forgive me?

p.s. - I'm out.. can't waste anymore of my day off here... as good ole Chelsea Blues put it.. Stay Classy SC soccer

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
While some of you were watching Riverside and Northwestern crush the hopes and dreams of many of the Midlands youth..I was back in Lugoff on more time..for one more match at Lugoff-Elgin's Demon Stadium.

Yes, Saturday 6PM marked the 2nd Annual Lugoff-Elgin Varsity Soccer Alumni game.

I think I speak for everyone when I say it was a complete success from the Alumni point of view..and all indications from Coach Steve Brown are that it was a complete success from a fundraising point of view as well.

Can't give enough credit to Coach Brown and all the volunteers who put it together and made it happen. Looks like we've got a good thing going and I'm really excited about the possibilities in the coming years.

Last year's match featured Alumni from 2000 to 2004..while this year's match featured alumni from as far back as 1986.

Interesting enough L-E played the likes of SV, Irmo, etc in those days..Class of 86' representative Dan Miller didn't remember any scores..but that's probably for the best!

Anyway..this year's Alumni participants were:

Class of 1986
Dan Miller

Class of 2000
Raul Silva

Class of 2002
Jason Dixon
Gerrardo Gomez
Edgar Silva

Class of 2003
Brian Clifton
Matthew Harris
Chauncie Thrift
Jacob Turner
Joe Garber

Class of 2004
Jack Rozier
Matthew Watts

Class of 2005
Josh Wiesen
George Fogle
Chris Stevens
Christian Ramirez
Steven Stanton
Andrew Wall

-

-
05' Josh Wiesen moves the ball up field 04' Matt Watts anchored the Alumni defense most of the night.

-
Former LE standout 02' Gerrardo Gomez does his thing.

-
LE Alumni talking "strategy" at the half..

-

Alumni won 4-2. Jason Dixon tended the net for us all night and didn't show much rust at all for a 4 year absence from the field. Matt Harris scored two for the Alumni and is currently playing for D2 Pfieffer University Falcons in North Carolina.

Next year we're planning to make the game a preseason scrimmage like most alumni games and also hoping to bridge the gap of L-E soccer between 1986 and 2000. Cheers.

M
kick off
kick off
M
Hey Jack, is that Jarret Epperson guarding Gomez in one of those pictures?

J
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
J
Yeah. He plays(ed) club for Coach B in Lex.. He also scored the two for varsity..i believe.

W
bench
bench
W
as a 73 graduate i'm especially proud of LE HIGH for what it stands for. the alumni was great in the game. my son tanner had a great time playing against the old stars,he is just a junior and is looking forward to when he is an alumni. great job coach brown keep up the good work. thanks for a fun afternoon and fund raiser.steve moak

B
goal
goal
B
Belligerant,

You never know where you might run into a LE Alumni.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard