Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
#31913 05/11/06 03:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
great win for lincoln, good luck against CC!!!

#31914 05/11/06 03:31 PM
C
bench
bench
C
I didn't go to the game, but congratulations to Lincoln and good luck at State. I just wanted to comment on the previous pages' comments on Coach Bennage. He has won a lot of soccer games, but I assure you that most of them are not due to his coaching or preparing his team. I played for him, I know. He has thrived off of having a good amount of kids playing on his teams that have grown up playing soccer on the club level, etc. And most of the teams that the Magnet plays have enferior talent. With the amount of soccer talent that comes and goes through that school, he doesn't utilize resources to improve anything in the program. The program could be a lot more competetive with local soccer schools given a more suitable coach that is organized.

This isn't really a flame, I just didn't want to sit back and watch all these people praise a guy that really isn't a good soccer coach. I'll congratulate Lincoln, but I will assure you that there is no way Magnet should have lost that game with a 2-0 lead, and I'll assume that coaching had a great deal to do with it. I know we lost games because of coaching while I was there. I don't really care much anymore, but the school could do a lot more with its soccer program with a better coach.

#31915 05/11/06 09:29 PM
Brace
Brace
CUTiger-
If you feel so passionately about your opinion, then step up and put your name on your post. Also, for your opinion to have any validity, it is important to know if you were a 3-4 year starter or if you decided to play soccer your senior year and wound up sitting halfway down the bench for every game.

The coaching staff can do nothing about the two major problems at the Magnet.

#31916 05/12/06 01:38 AM
N
bench
bench
N
Just think, if CC would just go over to SCISA, you'd have your first public school 1A championship match - Dixie vs. Lincoln. Academic Magnet has players from all over Charleston (different than McClellanville or Williston or Blackville, huh?), so it's not like the other 1A schools. I think Lincoln would kill Dixie, but at least there would just be just public school players on the field for the 1A game. Hanahan used to get to the 2A final, so they've already had 2A all public school championship games, right? It's just a matter of time...

#31917 05/12/06 02:16 AM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Before last year, we could have also said this. AM came down from 2A two years ago and if CC was in SCISA we would have been saying this over and over again.

On another note, it is what it is....So, good luck to both teams this Sat. I would love to see Lincoln win and knock CC of it's 1A Championship run.

#31918 05/12/06 04:58 AM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Wonder how Tony Meyers would feel about his little brother knocking off CC in the finals?? Coach Almeida stopped in to see me tonight...he's so proud of all his boys...If you look back on our U14 OSSOC challenge team that won state, you see players that are now leaders at Lincoln, Wando, Summerville, BE, MB, Socastee, Waccamaw and Academic Magnet. It is so much fun seeing all these guys making a difference at their high schools. Best of luck to all those playing this weekend.

#31919 05/12/06 05:06 AM
Goal
Goal
that's what quality training does for an individual. You OSSOC guys should be proud of all the players you've raised over the years [Smile]

#31920 05/12/06 05:18 AM
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Something I would like to say as a coach for dixie high school is that I am proud of our guys. Despite the beating by CC I am proud that we were able to get over the "hump" by beating SCS which dixie never got a win over in my days there.

The program has come a longggg way since I was a freshman when we lost to SCS 8 or 9-0. I make no excuses for our programs lack of ability to compete with the private schools that have dominated 1A for so long but Dixie has had only two players with any sort of club experience since there has been an A playoff. I understand that thats no ones fault but our own. To be able to make that next level we are going to have to get our kids interested in club soccer and year round interest. Thats why we are developing along with other schools an Abbeville, Anderson, and Greenwood county soccer summer league system that will hopefully keep kids in this area thinking about and training in soccer during the off-season. Again I would like to congratulate my kids for another succesful season and for advancing farther than a dixie high soccer team has in a very long time.

#31921 05/12/06 06:00 AM
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Did I forget to say...I'm proud of you too...

#31922 05/12/06 11:23 AM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
I would just like to comment a little on the points raised. First of all, with Academic Magnet in our region they are the team and program I am most familiar with and I have a ton of respect for their coaches and their team. We have played 5 times in the past two years and I can honestly say that I have learned more as a coach by watching what they do then I have learned anywhere else--and I think it paid off. I could not pay for the lessons that I got from Troy Bennage's team defeating everything I have thrown at him (and yes, I have tried something different every game). Not only that, but as far as organization he is the leader in 1A soccer and has been tremendously helpful to a new coach learning the ropes.
Secondly, the success we are having right now would not be nearly as meaningful if we were not able to play high caliber teams like Academic Magnet and Christ Church and I for one am glad for the opportunity and the competition.
Thirdly, I am very proud of my team also!

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard