Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#33263 02/22/06 01:34 PM
G
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
G
Does anyone know any of the all tournament teams for the tournaments that were just played?

#33264 02/23/06 03:16 AM
Goal
Goal
That's a very good question. I think the All-Tournament team from the Carolina Soccer Classic must have flown out the organizers window along with their tents, the ball boys, programs, roster lists, officiating standards, and all the other nuances that classify a tournament as being "well-run".

However, I did enjoy their hot chocolate on a cold day but it wasn't needed because I got warm enough running up and down the sidelines trying to shag balls.

Such a shame because the tournament is usually run pretty well but the lack of an All-Tournament team leaves a lot to be desired and is poor on the part of the organization. If the game is truly for the kids then why can we not see a list such as the "All Tournament Team" that could be resume builders for future collegiate prospects? How hard can a list of names be?

#33265 02/23/06 03:36 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
LMC could have used some ball boys too.. did a good bit of ball chasing myself.. no tournament team yet that I know of either..

other than that ..seemed to be very well run..in my opinion.

#33266 02/23/06 01:00 PM
goal
goal
shut, I noticed that also. No ball boys, and the usuall team shelters(tents) over the benches were not there. Speaking of benches what were those love seats that were over there? The normal ten foot team benches were replaced with soem kind of four foot love seat, left alot of people standing, with alot of clutter around. Seemed a lot less organized this year, who was in charge? I think they dropped the ball.

#33267 02/23/06 10:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone post the All-tournament teams from the different tournaments on here so everyone can see them?

#33268 02/24/06 01:47 PM
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
A couple of points on the Carolina Soccer Classic, the town of Mount Pleasant tells Wando which fields to use, in the case this year two of the fields were adjacent to each other making it impossible to put tents up, by the way did we need them. As to the ball boys, they were there may not in the capicty needed; but arn't these high school players able to run down a ball, we never had ball boys when i played high school soccer,along time ago(but we did have cheerleaders). The tournament selects a defensive, offensive and overall tournament MVP, this is a preseason tornament do we really need to have an all tournament team. Coaches use this weekend to evalute players, so the idea of an all tournament team makes no sense. Is this all about individual awards or building team unity and chemistry. Overall the tournament was a huge succes and all the coaches turned in tournament evaluations forms said the same thing, sure not all things run smoothly and iam sure some tweeking will be done before next seasons tournament.

#33269 02/24/06 02:17 PM
Brace
Brace
I think the issue is that the HSL requires (mandatory) ball boys at each game, not an option.

#33270 02/24/06 02:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Dr Tom is missed more and more every day!

#33271 02/24/06 02:45 PM
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
dcut5, thanks for the reply. The Carolina Soccer Classic was once again a great tourney, but I would like to add some additional comments:
  • The Town of Mount Pleasant needs to realize that the CSC is a high school tournament and that space is needed on the sidelines (substitutes, coaching staffs, player bags, ball bags, water coolers, etc.). The adjacent field issue does not work well as play was halted constantly for balls entering one field to the other. In previous years when the lower fields were utilized along with Field 1 and Field 2/3 it was much better.
  • The tents certainly would have come in handy Saturday afternoon when the rain set in and for the 4 o'clock games, lights should have been turned on at least by halftime.
  • The tournament packets that were distributed upon arrival at the CSC seemed easy enough to be sent via e-mail prior to the tourney. Once there it was almost too late, because there was miscommunication regarding uniform colors, which teams were playing on what fields, etc. Also, the tournament board with the scores and results seemed to be on the ground more than it was pinned to the 'wall', which caused a mass of humanity around the area and a time consuming wait-and-see.
  • The lack of ball boys was disappointing to say the least. When a tournament is being held, I think it is of the utmost importance for things to run in a timely fashion. That can't happen when minutes are being ticked off the actual game due to actual players chasing down balls. Plus, the use of just two balls for a match is senseless. One of the teams even lost their ball so that meant there was only one ball for the game.
Again, super tournament and an incredible venue for the CSC. These are just some things that need to be addressed in the future.

#33272 02/24/06 02:52 PM
goal
goal
Yeah, regardless of the small things, the venue is great, Nothing like having that giant bridge in the background! And thanks to CofC for allowing the 1st and 3rd place matches to be played in their stadium. So who were the 3 MVP's?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard