#34451 03/12/06 07:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couple things jumped out at me in 2A.

First - Name the only team in South Carolina that is undefeated (minimum 2 games) and unranked in any class designation? .... Stuck?.... Here's a little help, it's Carolina Academy. I'll be the first to admit that some of their opposition may not have been the strongest this year but at some point you have to get some credit for beating the teams you are supposed to. To this point Carolina has done just that. At 5-0 I'd favor them being ranked 9th or 10th over a 2-0 Jasper County (there must be missing games/scores here) or an 0-4 Hanahan squad. Nothing against either of these teams and they very well could prove to have the better squads (particularly Hanahan) but for the time being lets give Carolina their due. We played Carolina last year in the playoffs and they were an extremely tough out (1-0 win at home for Pendleton). That was their first year of playing in roughly 5 years and they only were able to schedule like 10 games. This year with a full season of experience under their belt and building on the success they had last year I believe this could very well be the surprise team of the season. I guess the Christ Church game coming up next week might help us to see where they stand. If they put up a win over CC I'd favor slotting them in up around #5 or #6 next week.

Second - no Palmetto - four regular season games, four wins. Only blemish LISTED is against 4A school Wren (what happened in the other 3 tournament games you guys played in your home tournament?). Even at 4-1 I'd favor these guys getting the vote for #10 over Jasper Co. (again, sorry, I don't know if you've played anyother games.) Palmetto rosters only 2 seniors and flat out hustles on the field. They will be a team that could make some noise come playoff time and as one of our former and future region teams we have learned that they can never be taken lightly. Again, Thursday against Walhalla will be a huge game for this team and should help us sort out whether or not they should or shouldn't be ranked.

Comments? Suggestions?

#34452 03/12/06 07:35 PM
throw in
throw in
we only have one senior on our team.. and in the tournament we lost to T-R and Pickens but tied westside. we had basketball players taht had just returned one day before the tournament. but at this point in the season rankings really dont matter.

#34453 03/12/06 08:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree -
I think that these teams are much stronger than they are given credit for being.
Carolina has beaten everyone they have played including a pre-season ranked Broome and a 4-A school (T-R) and a 3-A school (Berea). They play great defensively and score when opportunity given.
Palmetto is young and strong and hustle! They start 3 FR (goalie is a FR), 2 SO, 5 JR, and only 1 SR. They have beaten two pre-season ranked teams (Pendleton and Broome).
I think it will take a few more games to get people to realize you don't just stick with the same "powerhouse" teams every year without consideration to others. I am not sure how teams are evaluated and ranked, but I don't know that anyone is looking at these two.
Watch out for both of these teams in 2-A playoffs. Coach Larkin (Carolina) and Semach (Palmetto) are doing a great job building programs for the future.

#34454 03/12/06 08:44 PM
E
throw in
throw in
E
Has Jasper County improved that much since last year or do they not have a strong schedule?? Because i remember last year their team wasnt all that good..but then again maybe they just improved that much in the offseason... anyone know???

#34455 03/12/06 10:32 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Clinton is 2-0 and unranked in 3a.

#34456 03/12/06 10:36 PM
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Dixie beat SCS handily and fell below Buford who hasnt played or beat anybody. I know we got waxed by AM but put Buford in front of them and the same thing would happen.

#34457 03/13/06 12:31 AM
H
kick off
kick off
H
Are we talking regular season records or are you counting preseason as well cap'n? If it's reg. season then Hanahan has only played 2 games thus far amounting an 0-2 record.

#34458 03/13/06 04:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
preseason tournaments count on your record so yes, I was counting all games that figure into your official record.

It would also be nice if someone from Palmetto posted all the scores from the Palmetto preseason tournament so that those could be properly reflected in teams records.

#34459 03/13/06 05:11 AM
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Preseason tournaments don't necessarily count on your records SC_cap'n. I know there is a limit on how many games you can play a season and how many tournaments (preseason and during season) you can play in. I might be wrong but if you play in enough games during the season or games in reg. season plus tournaments during season that equal enough then you don't count preseason tournaments, they are simply extra scrimmages to get ready for the season. I also think that this would only pertain to the 2 lower classes since they might not be able to play enough games due to location, money, etc... Plus, these rankings aren't official, they are just based on what certain respected people in the scsoccer community think. Again, this is my thought but could be wrong...

#34460 03/13/06 01:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where in SC do we find "official" rankings? ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW???

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard