Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
N
NMB Chiefs have lost the services of one of their top players Friday night against Christ Church. John Ross Cramer named to the 2005 NSCAA/adidas High School Boys All-Region III (South) Team, and will be attending the College of Charleston in the fall detached his ACL in his right knee. And will be out for up to 9 months. Midway through the first half, John Ross went in for a hard tackle and tore it, he then played the remainder of the game getting 1 goal and 2 assists, and never complaining about the pain. He even convinced the trainer Saturday morning that it was just a bruse and that he could start the match. Shortly after the beginning of the Dorman match we realized the great pain he actually was in and took him out. It was not until today at 4:30 PM when his MRI was read that we knew the extent of his injury. John Ross is a quiet but dominant,
Senior Captain of our squad and his services will be greatly missed on the field but he will still be there on the sidelines pushing his team to continue their winning ways. On top of this the Chiefs hosted the always dangerous Socastee Braves. With this bit of bad news the Braves came out hard and heavy and put a goal in the back of the Chiefs net just 6 minutes into the match. The Chiefs also started the match without the services of Captain Senior and leading scorer Alex Brancato whom 15 minutes prior to kick off was in the Emergency Room at the hospital. He left the hospital without being seen in order to be there for his team. 15 minutes into the match he took the field and at the 29 minute mark stuck the ball in the back of the Socastee net. The match stayed tied through out regulation and overtime, and the Chiefs and Braves went into PK's. Both teams scoring on their first two shooters. NMB 3rd shot was stopped by Socastee Keeper Matt Abee, whom along with NMB's Thad Hall proved why they are two of the top keepers in the state, with both having double digit saves in an unbelievable match. Then on Socastee's 3rd shot the player just missed the upper 90 sailing the ball just wide of the goal. Then again on NMB's 4th shot Matt Abee came up big with another save. Not to be out done Thad Hall made a great save on Socastee's 4th shot. Setting up Chris Bailey with NMB's final chance to seal atleast a tie with the braves. He finished off a great shot to go up 3-2 and Socastee's 5th shot hit the crossbar giving the Chiefs a much needed victory. With all the bad news today the Chiefs came in feeling down and out but were able to step up and beat an Outstanding Socastee team in a well battled match by both teams. Socastee hosts MB tomorrow night and the Chiefs will travel to Georgetown. Again the Chiefs would like to thank John Ross Cramer for everything he has meant to our team and our program. NMB has just gained a new motivational coach for the sidelines.

W
goal
goal
W
Newt,

Sorry to hear that. John Ross was a great player as we at BC found out last year in the post season.

Sincerely sorry for him and your program.

WIll

hat-trick
hat-trick
Touching (and I'm not even being sarcastic). Gotta love a player who could care less about how bad it hurts, but is more worried about how much worse it hurts to lose. I really wish that he could have been less unfortunate, but such is life, and it reminds me of the heartbreaking loss BC suffered last year. Their team, as I'm sure your's will as well, fought even harder after the loss of their star, and I believe it was ya'll who knocked them out of their playoff run. Good luck to you coach, and to the entire chiefs team.

J
world cup
world cup
J
This is most unfortunate..I can't imagine being on the bench senior year with an injury..however I'm sure John will remain a big factor in NMB's success through the rest of the season.

Best wishes to you guys the rest of the season..and to John in his recovery.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Newt , Sorry to hear the bad news, I have enjoyed watching him play for you. He is a great player. I wish him well on a speedy recovery and all the best to you and your team. Stephen

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Newt -- Sorry to learn of this! Your report is excellent and really illustrates how much of a role John Ross plays for your team, not just as a player, but a leader. Having experienced a similar fate last season, I am sure that your squad will rally around John Ross and use that as motivation for the remainder of the season. Best of luck to you and NMB!

T
Throw In
Throw In
T
Newt - Really hate to hear of any player suffering an injury like that. I really admire his dedication to the team and his character. Help the players keep him focused day to day as he begins his comeback.

T
bench
bench
T
I got a question that i was wondering if you could answer for me since you are the NMB Soccer Coach. I heard that Christ Church was getting killed 5-0 when John Ross got injuried. And i also heard that Christ Church started just playing to injury players.. Is this true. From what i have gathered there were no cards given to them until the end of the gaem grew near and then they got a yellow a red and another yellow all becasue of fouls. So is this the truth is Christ Church such a soar losing team that they have to hurt a future college player and mess up his whole senior year?

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
I hate to see this happen to such a quality player and person. His play and demeanor was a real example to my players--in fact, after marking him with some players I noticed some talking going on and asked my player if it was trash talking and he told me it was pretty good natured joking and having fun on the field between competitors--good luck to him in his recovery and future.

Link Copied to Clipboard