Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#39522 05/02/06 12:28 PM
Import Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Ken Massey was kind enough to generate Boys HS rankings using the scores reported on Eurosportscoreboard. Here are the current results:

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=hssb&sub=SC

He will be generating the girls in the near future.

brace
brace
This is very nice, but as of today they really mean nothing. The playoffs will speak volumes...

B
throw in
throw in
B
quote:
Originally posted by kickman:
I would like to point out that Indian Land is above Dixie and Southside Christian as I recommended for playoff seeding. Unfortunately the playoffs will not bear this out because IL has to go through CC to get to Dixie or SCS.

Must be some good ole boys at those schools. I LIKE EM!

World Cup
World Cup
quote:
Also, in the past I thought Massey counted PK wins as ties, but this year it seemed to be straight wins.
You are correct. That's why I asked Import to hold off on posting this information. Kenneth Massey just took the straight scores without deciphering between PK wins/losses. That will be done once the season is completed. Look for a complete list around Memorial Day or at least by the CESA North-South Soccer Classic on June 17.

corner kick
corner kick
It's just always interesting to see this information even though, as cornerflag said, it's about the playoffs. It must take a ton of time to compile all the information and place it in a rating system.

World Cup
World Cup
quote:
It must take a ton of time to compile all the information and place it in a rating system.
Well, for this release, it was just simply a cut-and-paste type ordeal of W-L-T into an Excel spreadsheet and then Massey's algorithm does the rest -- in a matter of seconds.

However, for the more comprehensive list, it is definitely an arduous task and basically 'ruins a weekend'. But, it does give prep soccer an unbiased point of view and in my opinion an excellent way to "rate": (1) strength of schedules; (2) offensive prowess; (3) defensive efforts; etc.

Thanks to Brian Myers who compiles the girls data!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is no way IL could ever make it through CC,Dixie,and SCS!!!

S
bench
bench
S
where can we get the girls data?

C
bench
bench
C
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle Heise:
quote:
Also, in the past I thought Massey counted PK wins as ties, but this year it seemed to be straight wins.
You are correct. That's why I asked Import to hold off on posting this information. Kenneth Massey just took the straight scores without deciphering between PK wins/losses. That will be done once the season is completed. Look for a complete list around Memorial Day or at least by the CESA North-South Soccer Classic on June 17.
Any reason the 2005 data was done May 1 and not at the end of the playoffs?? That means that the ratings are skewed for that season (which is why you wanted them to wait this season). Just curious.

T
bench
bench
T
quote:
Originally posted by scskeeper:
there is no way IL could ever make it through CC,Dixie,and SCS!!!

actually IL vs Dixie or IL vs SCS would be a good game and I wish they could of gotten some regular season games together..but too bad its not going to occur this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard