Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#39669 05/03/06 03:46 AM
bench
OP Offline
bench
Where do they get these officials for playoff games? I think the ones for tonight got there badge from a cracker jack box!!
I gripe from time to time about bad officiating in a game, but it is just from the intensity of the game, but tonight takes the cake. My son refs games from time to time, and I know that some calls are going to be missed and some that should not be called will be... but tonight was ridiculous.
First half of the game: AC Flora obstructs Woodmont from the ball, there was no way he could make a play on the ball, but he blocked the Woodmont player out until his keep picked it up- no call. At least 3 hand balls inside 6 against AC Flora, no calls. Ac Flora all over backs of Woodmont players, unless they were on them to the point that they literally fell on top of the Woodmont player, no call was made.
Second half- another obstruction- no call. AC Flora player runs slam over Woodmont player- guess what no call. More hand balls- no calls. The game was 2-2 at the end of regulation. The second goal scored WAS NOT by an AC Flora player, it bounced of a Woodmont defender into the goal... I know tough luck. The game went through first OT period without any goals. AC Flora got 2 goals in second OT period, but BOTH were offside. I do not mean close, but hard to judge offside, I mean at least 3-5 yard offside.
Just to show you how ignorant these refs were. I know several people who post on here has heard of Camille Ngon A Ngon. Well an AC Flora player was holding his arm, then tried to push him down. The center ref cards Camille then does not know who he wants to give the ball to. Finally he realizes, hey blue is supposed to have the ball, then the ref actually HOLDS the ball so that AC Flora can set up.Now how do you card a player, then for the same foul give his team a free kick, then hold the ball so the team commiting the foul has time to set up?
The center NEVER looked at his linesman, unless the coach yelled and fussed for him to check his linesman, then 1-3 mins after the foul occured he looks. And let's not forget that first half Woodmont gets fouled inside the 18, and the kick is given about 3 feet outside the 18. Well yes, that one I can live with because the foul started outside the 18, then made Woodmont. Second half, fouled again inside the 18, this one started inside the 18, but where is the ball placed by the center ref for the free kick? 5 feet outside the 18.
AC Flora is a good team, I will give them that, but the game would have gone into a shoot out had the officiating been just 1/2 up to par. It really sucks that Woodmont's team has turned around this year, and really had a chance to make it past first round, just to get screwed by incompetant officiating, but they always say that what goes around comes around, and I hope Riverside runs all over them. I know although I have no affliation with Riverside, I will be there cheering them on!!! AC Flora should not be going to 2nd round!!

#39670 05/03/06 03:51 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
I heard the center ref teaches Spanish at Flora!

#39671 05/03/06 03:56 AM
G
throw in
throw in
G
Here we go again....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#39672 05/03/06 04:09 AM
J
world cup
world cup
J
!!!

#39673 05/03/06 04:11 AM
goal
goal
become and official and do something about it

#39674 05/03/06 04:48 AM
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
You want us to become and official at the same time!!! Thats gonna be tough.

#39675 05/04/06 04:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the most blatent case of sour grapes I have ever seen; Woodmont was simply outplayed in spite of the fact that as the game wore on, they played dirtier and dirtier. Accept the fact that Woodmont was expecting to come in and walk all over Flora because Flora wasn't ranked. If Flora had played a less challenging schedule, they too would have been ranked this year. I commend the Woodmont Goalie- he made some terrific saves, but Flora got to the net more, dominated the game most of the time, and DESERVED the win. It is very poor sportsmanship to come in after the fact and try to blame the refs for your team's shortcomings. Not every ref will make the best calls, but these guys were making an effort to try to keep it balanced and to try to keep it under control. The calls went both ways.

#39676 05/04/06 04:08 AM
Goal
Goal
Well, I'm glad Flora found someone who could handle all that talent.

#39677 05/03/06 05:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flora found a worthy opponent to "handle all that talent", at least on the field on Tuesday. It's a shame there are people making observations who feel that sarcasm and self-pity parties outweigh the fact a tough match was played and the better team, on that field, on that night, won. There are talented players on both teams who worked hard to get where they are now. We are expecting a good match against Riverside tomorrow also. If we win, that will be fantastic and we will all be thrilled. If we lose, then the season is over and the boys will be dissapointed, but life goes on.

#39678 05/03/06 05:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Life is all about perspective - - -
and it only matters whose perspective it is!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard