Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I do not think my thoughts are worth a quarter....
I was 3-1 in the upperstate and 2-2 in the lowerstate... at 63% accuracy brings the quarter to about 15 cents...

So who do I like.

Wando over HH - because...

FM over Mauldin - in close game 2-1 or 1-0

Now for logical choices

NW over Lex and SV over RV

However, I smell an upset on one of these two.

SV and Rv will be a war, they just do not like each other (funny most play in the same club team)

NW and Lex... small crappy field may be what the doctor order for Lex.

G
throw in
throw in
G
I must say that by far the most entertaining game is going to be the Spring Valley V Ridge View game...It is few and far between that these teams meet in the play offs...It is a rare time when two rivalries get to head off in such a fashion...I have had the opportunity to be involved in one of these games with very similar circumstances...Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe these teams met in the 3rd round of the playoffs in 2002...Spring Valley was leading by 3-1 with maybe 15 mins left RV scored a quick goal by I think Thomas Hughes...Which brought Ridge View within 1...Then Blake Hardee went up with the SV keeper Danko and a SV defender that I can't remember and actually hit the ball with his hand over the keepers head and into the goal...The refs missed the handball and the game went into overtime...no scoring but a brutal overtime elapsed and the game went to pk's...Everyone made there pk's until Spring Valley's 5th kicker who at any other time I could remember the name but I can't right now...and he flicked off the crowd and then put his wide right...Then Lorick stepped up and finished his to send RV to Upper State finals...where they eventually lost to Wando the eventual state winners...That’s all off the top of my head but I think that’s right...That game was also at Spring Valley...

I really hope that this game will live up to the excitement that one did...Of course it will be a packed house and a hell of a game...Its kind of cool to see these rivalries passed down through families...You will see the Clement, the Flynn duo, Hughes, Stovall, and many other families that will be looking to represent..Spring Valley is obviously the better team in this one...but its always nice to see a George Mason type story...Basically this game has everything necessary to have people looking back on for a year...A stoic rivalry at its best!

goal
goal
Northwestern-5
Lexington-2

Fort Mill-2
Mauldin-1
in OT

Hilton Head-4
Wando-2

Spring Valley-3
Ridgeview-1

C
kick off
kick off
C
If SV's Paddy Flynn is still injured then the SV vs RV game is a toss-up.

G
throw in
throw in
G
The spring valley ridge view game should still be pretty lopsided...the only chance that ridge view has is that its a rivalry game...Flynn is an incredible player and may be an important part of spring valley's production but they still have so many weapons that they should easily walk away with this one...I hope its a close game but I doubt it will be...Spring Valley has already defeated Ridge View twice this year 3-0 and 2-0...Ridge View has basically just been outscoring people whenever they can...and so far Spring Valley has shown that they can shut down there offense...If Ridge View wants to win this game its gonna be up to the there forwards and mid field...Milton will have to come up huge and stop playing like a little girl...and Kyle Hughes is going to have to actually play up to his potential...Then again if Patty is playing then you have to mark him up in the middle and hes so dynamic that it takes someone completely out of the attack...Which means they are going to have to drop a midfielder to basically follow him around...They have a few new kids that could do that but they have to talk them into actually playing...Ridge View is basically a head case this year and if they want to keep practicing more then tonight they are gonna need to get there junk together.

benp Offline OP
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
Can anyone give me times for the SV RV and NW Lex games?

goal kick
goal kick
Lex - NW game is at 7

T
kick off
kick off
T
Can you tell me if the game is at Lexington High School? I assume it is.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
got a q. do ranks change according to playoff games

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
NW is at Lex

Also I understand that Paddy Flynn is definetely out for the Rv game. probably not back until state cup

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard