Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#40018 05/06/06 05:57 AM
O
goal kick
goal kick
O
Big games like this come down to heart and senior leadership. I have never seen a team so united as HH is right now. Wando will be a major test for them, but they are ready. If you love soccer, you should be there Saturday night. I have seen Wando several times this year. HH is better on the front line, Wando a bit better in the mids, and both are excellent on the back line. Wando is great at building pressure from the mid-field. HH can adjust to what a defense is doing and find a way to cut through. Whoever wins this match has an excellent chance to go all the way.

#40019 05/06/06 08:58 AM
corner kick
corner kick
Given each team's reputation for "competitive play", I would guess...

Wando 6 [Confused] Yellow Cards
H.Head 6 [Confused] Yellow Cards

With HH winning in a tie breaker w/ 1 [Embarrassed] Card

#40020 05/06/06 03:59 PM
S
bench
bench
S
HH may have fast and skill forwards but they dont like when people get physical with them. wando is one of the most physical team in the state and they will be roughing up HH FORWARDS

#40021 05/07/06 04:38 AM
A
bench
bench
A
This is true salsa 10, if you push their forwards around and deny them balls then they easily get frustrated and their heads get away from the game, if that happens then wando will win because i still dont understand what people see in hilton heads midfield, they are average at best and they will have to have the game of their lives tonight to stay with wandos mids, however, hilton head may be one of the most passionate teams ive ever seen, its a pretty cool sight to see, should be a good game good luck to both teams

#40022 05/06/06 05:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HH won last time with mids that were playing there for the first time so I'm pretty sure they can keep up with them this time. It is going to be an awesome game good luck to both teams.

#40023 05/07/06 04:14 AM
H
bench
bench
H
Good luck Wando!!! We're rooting for you in Texas. BTW, your keeper rules!!! HH will never know what hit them.

#40024 05/07/06 04:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wando wins 3-1! But wow, where to begin? The match was a very intense game from the start. The much vaunted Carlos put the Seahawks out in front in the first half. Wando earned the equalizer off of a set piece with under 5 to go in the 1st. Not sure who finally poked it in but i think it was Gerber, er i mean, Andrew Eppelshiemer. The second half the warriors came out with intensity and scored relatively early with an insurance goal added later in the half. Final score Wando 3-1. Goals were by Mark Dominick and Kirby Burkholder (I think...). As for Carlos and Christian: Although Carlos did score Hilton Head's only goal, after that he didn't seem to be much of a factor in the game. They really had trouble getting him the ball and when he did receive it, he was quickly met by at least one but usually two Wando defenders (who, by the way, i thought played a solid match). Christian played out of his mind and proved to me that he is the real deal. I don't know what his future plans are, but I wish him and the rest of Hilton Head's squad good luck in their future endeavors...one more thing, Taylor Hopkins once again played out of his mind.

On a side note, and somewhat disturbing note at that, why did HH's athletic director force Wando's fans to sit in the home side?? Normally I wouldn't foresee this as a problem but, given the intensity of this fairly new rivalray, this seemed like a pretty bonehead decision to me. Threats were made from Hilton Head students to Wando students and items were thrown. The students were forced to exit the stadium with the team so as to avoid any possible conlfict or confrontation...some Hilton Head fans (also students) were seen banging on Wando's bus as they walked by on their way out. Now don't get me wrong, i'm all about some goodnatured trash talking, anyone who knows me i'm sure will attest to this, but when it gets to the point where students feel they are in danger, that is too much. Whether or not the situation could have been averted by seating the fans on opposite sides i guess we'll never know. All i know is that this did not seem like the most brilliant decision that could have been made....I'll get off my soapbox now and let you guys discuss the match.

#40025 05/07/06 05:27 AM
bench
bench
Good recap of the game CU. I would add one more thing..Drew Tokai did an amazing job tonight on Wando's defense.

#40026 05/07/06 05:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Drew did do an excellent job...He, in addition to the rest of Wando's back line, was the reason Carlos was kept quiet nearly the entire match.

#40027 05/09/06 06:04 PM
L
bench
bench
L
CUTIGER23 if I would have a better MIDFIELD this season the story would be different.. You guys win I give you that. but by 2 mistakes that the GOLKEEPER did and thats fine the season is over now.. With the team that you guys got they shouldn't score on your team.. And I didn't stay Quiet the Entire match I got a question. Who is the leading score in WANDO?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard