Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
cabj12 Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
C
Some of the best matches of the year happened tonight and I was wondering if anyone had recaps of some of them. I mean Benp hasn't posted anything. Surely he went to a game tonight.

goal kick
goal kick
Well, I unfortunately attended the Bishop England / Barnwell game tonight and it was one the worst displays of sportsmanship I have witnessed in youth sports.

The Bishops won the game 7-1.

The first half was relatively clean, with a few exceptions. Unfortunately, the starting Barnwell forward challenged the BE Keeper near the end of the half and suffered a broken ankle, I hope he recovers, By the way, it was a clean play. It was 1-0 at the half, BE winning.

In the second half, the game turned ugly. Many cautions were handed out and the BE Goalkeeper was ejected for punching a Barnwell player. Then, with approximately 15 minutes to go, a Barnwell player was fouled and retaliated, the BE player who fouled him took exception to the retaliation and began throwing punches and both teams cleared their respective benches. In the end, two more BE players were ejected and one Barnwell player. Each team should be considered lucky that more players were not ejected.

In the end, 3 BE players were ejected and 1 Barnwell player. The number of cautions handed out for cheap/rough play was to high to count.

This was not the most “Shinning Moment” for high school soccer in our state….

coach
coach
Could BE possibly be suspended by SCHSL for rest of season?

MP Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Which BE keeper was involved in the ejection ordeal?

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Even though it's a mute point for Barnwell, both teams should be suspended for the rest of the season. I hope SCHSL does something about this. We have already had teams that couldn't play in the playoffs (W. Florence) for fighting and not being allowed to play in the playoffs. I know they were given a warning and then screwed that up but I believe there was no punch thrown in that game were there initial warning was given. I'm sorry if you fight and your team clears the bench for whatever reason, that means they stick together and in this case should end both their seasons together by being disqualified. Just my opinion, so I'm sure there's some haters out there. For those....wanna fight (see the irony).

C
bench
bench
C
Im callin Daniel over Riverside
and meeting Dreher in the 3A finals and Daniel winning it all...Upperstate all the way as usual

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Emerald Versus Carolina Academy:

Carolina Academy is a very good team. They have alot of good, skillful players and they all work very hard. #17 created problems for many teams this year, and it was evident why tonight.

Emerald won 3-0. It was just a hard fought game. Emerald created chances and finished them. Carolina played with good sportsmanship.

N
bench
bench
N
Walhalla vs Batesburg-Leesville
Walhalla 3 B-L 0
Scoreless first half, then Walhalla simply shut them down, scoring 3 goals to win in regulation time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wando defeated Hilton Head 3-1.
Hilton Head scored first utilizing their speed down the right side and making a late cross that was easily put away. H.H. definitely had the advantage in 1st half with Wando not able to get comfortable. Wando did score off a long direct kick that got behind the goalie who had come out to try and punch it away. It was easily tapped into goal by Eppelsheimer.
2nd half was a controlled by Wando as their defense adjusted to HH speed. Wando was able to use their passing game to tire HH . Wando's 2nd goal came on a VERY long throw in from left side by Drew (?). It was headed in by Burkholder on the right post.
A little deja vu from the Irmo game was Wando's 3rd goal as Wando pressured the HH defense who couldn't clear it cleanly. Anderson got possession and passed forward to Dominick who beat goalie 1v1.
Good turnout by Wando fans. The home field advantage was neutralized.
A couple of yellows were given - mainly for late tackles. Nothing outrageous. HH did receive a red in last couple of minutes as HH player just got frustrated and after fouling a Wando player, must have said something because it was the asst ref on side who threw up his flag and called for the ejection.

Goal
Goal
quote:
Originally posted by Coastal Soccer Club:
Well, I unfortunately attended the Bishop England / Barnwell game tonight and it was one the worst displays of sportsmanship I have witnessed in youth sports.

The Bishops won the game 7-1.

The first half was relatively clean, with a few exceptions. Unfortunately, the starting Barnwell forward challenged the BE Keeper near the end of the half and suffered a broken ankle, I hope he recovers, By the way, it was a clean play. It was 1-0 at the half, BE winning.

In the second half, the game turned ugly. Many cautions were handed out and the BE Goalkeeper was ejected for punching a Barnwell player. Then, with approximately 15 minutes to go, a Barnwell player was fouled and retaliated, the BE player who fouled him took exception to the retaliation and began throwing punches and both teams cleared their respective benches. In the end, two more BE players were ejected and one Barnwell player. Each team should be considered lucky that more players were not ejected.

In the end, 3 BE players were ejected and 1 Barnwell player. The number of cautions handed out for cheap/rough play was to high to count.

This was not the most “Shinning Moment” for high school soccer in our state….

Maybe the BE players were "HIGH" on life? Nothing? Really?

Ok then maybe they wanted to get ejected because they had a case of the munchies? Anything, anything at all?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard