Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
kick off
kick off
P
I just finished reading the Post and Couriers article "BE soccer blowout marred by ejections". What bothered me the most was the quote attributed to the BE Coach"(Barnwell) was frustrated and their reaction was to verbally and physically assault us"- I am certainly hoping that there was more to this quote and that the P & C left out the part where the coach talked about how these boys will have to accept responsiblity for their actions. I would hate to think that the Coach is trying to decrease the role the players had in this brawl and putting the blame on "someone else"--- These boys have been playing soccer for years and know what they can do and can not do. The only persons to be blamed here are the players themselves. I am sure that the game was physical and intense but that is no excuse for the behavior exhibited by the players on both sides.

C
cabj12 Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
C
I'm taking Riverside over Daniel to play Dreher in the finals. And of course upperstate will win again.

N
kick off
kick off
N
I'm pretty sure the HSL says that if you have 3 straight reds you can't be in the playoffs. This has happened before. (I think it was hilcrest)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yea, definately taking riverside over daniel!!! i am saying 2-1!!!

J
world cup
world cup
J
4A:

Upperstate
NW over Mauldin - I really don't think NW will slip up..and Mauldin has had a great run..but NW is a different animal.

Lowerstate
Wando over Spring Valley - I really like SV to win..but traveling to IOP is quite the advantage. Wando has had the harder road also..if they keep their focus..they advance.

3A:

Upperstate
Man.. I mean really.. One team beats Eastside..the other beats Greenville.. how do you choose? Either you flip a coin.. or you go with your favorite..and mine is Daniel. Riverside goes from nearly losing in the first round to TR..to knocking off nationally ranked G-ville. I like Daniel's consistency. GO LIONS!

Lowerstate
Seems like the odds are stacked against BC here. I only see BC advancing if Dreher decides not to show up. And to be honest.. between the two.. I think Dreher has the best shot at beating the upstate rep. So..I'm going with Dreher.

coach
coach
Riverside should be favored on their small field.

C
cabj12 Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
C
I don't think their field is any smaller than Daniel's or even if it is the size won't be much of a difference maker. But Riverside should be favored having homefield advantage.

C
bench
bench
C
Whichever team is more in shape will win the match...I ve seen Daniel pull two straight OT games and I know they are conditioned.

Daniel 3-2 over Riverside in my books

C
cabj12 Offline OP
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
C
That won't matter. Both teams will be able to go 80 minutes. They won't out-condition each other. And Riverside also has won two OT games during the playoffs.

S
throw in
throw in
S
just an interesting fact, there are only 3 teams in the state left in the playoffs that are undefeated at home in the regular season: Spring Valley, Academic Magnet, and Riverside(they lost one game at home in preseason to who)...Daniel ....should be a good one

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard