Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Goal
Goal
Do you count your coach in the number of fans when he goes up into the stands and leaves the bench? If so I don't think he payed and you might want to ask for the 5 dollars [Frown]

H
throw in
throw in
H
I do not understand why all of you are crying over this. Personally, i totally enjoyed the wando and hh fans at the game. It adds extra vigor to the players on the field and makes them play harder. However, i do not condone the throwing of any objects between fans or any physical altercations. Have any of you that "sticks and sotnes" statment, well i think that applies here.

goal
goal
"On a lighter note, to salsa10 - I am not certain what "demonated" means, but it sounds horrific."

LMAO, Now that is funny!!

bench
bench
Fan behavior in general isn't well known for being "nice" and "courteous", especially during the close games at the playoffs. This wasn't an exception during the Hilton Head game, and some people should have expected Hilton Head fans to want the Hilton Head team to win, in fact the fans wanted to help in all ways and that includes stirring some things up.

Now scbbruin, I understand why you might be angry to one or a few faces in the crowd that night, but there should be no way the fans shouldn't be allowed to cheer or yell for their team. Also not everyone there was a student, and the teachers weren't there to handle the crowds, just to cheer for their school, so the teachers are not to put shame on.

You're post is talking about a couple of revved fans might have gotten out of hand, but you should have atleast experienced something like this.

Also people in the stands making fun of the away team's mistakes is not a crime, its words that the players could choose to listen to or just play the sport they came to play. Soccer is a game of physical performance which would include roughing and pushing.

This wasn't a game both sides wanted to lose, so of course this game was a tough one, both on the field and off, yet of course someone had to lose, but forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't your team still in the brackets? If thats so, why are you still attacking Hilton Head? What are you trying to accomplish? Just focus on beating the next opponent and move on.

But my advice to you, scbbruin, is if you don't want to see yelling and "player hopping" at the next level of the playoffs, don't even plan on going to watch.

A
bench
bench
A
seahawks...i would just like to say that the Wando fans tried to sit on the visitor side but HH officials told us that we could not...so you need to get your facts straight before criticizing the wando fans

bench
bench
I didn't see the DF/HH game so I cannot comment on that one. The incident at the HH/Wando game where a few HH fans threw things at the Wando students and bus was regrettable. Having said that, I don't think the incident was reflective of the relations between the fans as a whole during the game. Most of the HH fans were very nice and a few even went over to a group of Wando parents after the game to congratulate them. The fans for each team were rowdy, but overall, not rude. Also, I thought both the HH and Wando players exhibited good sportmaship during and after the game. There were several hugs, back pats, etc. exchanged and a few Wando players even tried to console the HH goalkeeper who was upset at their loss.

D
goal kick
goal kick
D
routing for someone to get hurt or throwing things is completely out of line but yelling things at players as long as its not too bad is fine. i personally like it when a player jars back.

as for away fans being taunted, well if fans are on the same side thats gonna happen. thats on whoever told the fans to sit on the same side. in some instances like BC its different cuz there really isnt any away stands but in instances when away fans come over to the home side, they better expect to get ridiculed unless their team is up.

coach
coach
From last BC/Dreher game:
dreherheckler <<on another less serious note, bc's athletic director kicked me out for no apparent reason. i will recount it in full: during pks on i think the third, bcs keeper was doing a little dance on his way to the goal. i said nice dance carlos, your sister taught me last night. a guy in a bc shirt looks at me in this real stern face and i just said its a joke come on smile. then on andrew evans's pk i yelled "you have nothing evans, nothing" or something along those lines. the guy told me to be queit for my guys after andrew embarrased me by putting in a sick pk upper 90. he paused and then said "and youll get to see the rest." i couldnt believe he had said it and i said something like "cheer for your guys" or "be queit for your guys." and of course he says your gone and i walked out coopertavily with the police officer. now i said nothing profane and really nothing that insulting. i told the cop that and he basically agreed with me and informed me thats the ad theres nothing he can do. he complimented me on my cooperation and i watched dreher complete the sweep of the region just outside the gate. ridiculous in my opinion. i mean the sister thing i guess you could see as out of line but if you take that serious you need a reality check. i think it was more of an ego thing because i didnt bow down to him.>>

Try your best to not to get thrown out of the game Wed.

O
goal kick
goal kick
O
shut^&play- Why do you freakin care where Hilton Head's coach sits during a game? Does that somehow violate your sense of proportion? I am sure his team can hear him wherever in the stadium he chooses to sit to see what he feels he needs to see during the course of a game. I have been around soccer for some time now, and and I give John Kerr the highest marks for his work with our team this year. By the way, he was not the obnoxious "fan in the crowd". Also, to be perfectly clear, I thought the Wando fans were GREAT. They were polite and considerate before and after the game. During the game they cheered and stuck up for their team. I am not aware of Seahawks fans criticizing the Wando fans. In fact, they graciously moved to the West end of the stands so our parents could sit in the center section where the seat backs were. They didn't have to do this. Wamdo has a class soccer program and their team deserves to be moving on to the next level. We didn't play good enough to beat them Sat. night. A lot of these players will see each other again at the college level. Good luck to Wando in the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well its doesnt really matter scbbruin because HH will not be 4A anymore and you will not have to worry about going their for another playoff game alright does that make you happy?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard