Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
goal kick
goal kick
M
Kyle,

What about the guys from smaller schools? I see a few but hardly any names from 2A or 1A schools. I appreciate that you work mainly with 3A and 4A schools, and that is certainly a tremendous list containing many quality players, but I just wonder if there are any more. I might also add some of my own.

Shane Abbott (Socastee), Timmy Costanza - (Wando)

World Cup
World Cup
quote:
What about the guys from smaller schools? I see a few but hardly any names from 2A or 1A schools.
Seven of those players played in the 2A ranks -- Andrew Cogburn (Emerald), Bob Cook (Andrew Jackson), Kyle Driver (Chapin), Kyle Gunby (Emerald), Johnny Keen (Chapin), Lawrence Smith (Bishop England), and Temoc Suarez (Bishop England).

Brace
Brace
Kyle:
That is a great call on Reggie McKnight! Also, Thomas and Charles Mauldin.

I got to play with Charles at Lander. We also had a few other S.C. greats..... Jimmy Leonard (Riverside) and Kyle Gunby (Emerald) at forward and Kevin Pitts (Mauldin) in midfielder.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
I dont get out to see many of the more prominant schools around this state like irmo northwestern and the likes but I have been privy to many 1/2A matches. I know that the smaller divisions do not get much credit but im here to tell anyone who never saw him play that Tomek Charowski was/is one of the best soccer players I have ever seen in my life. He was an all-around skilled player that could have not only played but would have been the star on any team in this state.

World Cup
World Cup
I didn't include Tomek Charowski on the list, because he played midfield the times I saw him (2001-04).

J
world cup
world cup
J
Brock - I hear ya man.. I've played with AC too (intramural [Roll Eyes] ) but really..I know he's a quality goal scorer. Probably in the top 10 I've ever seen from SC..but my scope reaches to what? 99-00? That's only 6-7 years.

Edit: I was lucky enough to see Tomek once.. not necessarily a forward or a goal scorer..but he might as well have been the only person out there. The game went through him..just have to 2nd what The_Count said.. probably the best "all-around" player I've seen in my short years.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Scott Broderick and Hunter Richardson of Eastside. Both scored 31 goals in 84. Scott was a senior, Hunter a freshman. Scott left Furman as their all-time leading scorer but has since been passed. Hunter blew out both his knees but had to be the fastest, most tenacious striker I have ever seen. Talk about your defense starting with attackers, I don't know how many goals Hunter scored by winning back balls lost in the defense third. He also had somthing like 6 goals versus #4 Hanna (Final was 16-0)

Brace
Brace
Hunter was the guy I was trying to think of from Eastside. He had 10 in one game once. I never saw him play. But, when I got to EHS he was a legend.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
quote:
Originally posted by the voice of reason:
Michael Pao and Jeremiah Tao lead the dominate Riverside teams of the late 80s and early 90s. Michael went on to play at Duke and Jeremiah went to Vanderbilt.

Actually Michael went to Vandy and Jeremiah went to Duke. After college Michael Pao went to Japan and played professional soccer for many years which proves how amazing he was at soccer.

As for Tomek he is certainly the best all around player I've ever seen. He probably just played midfield instead of forward for CC because he could be more involved in the game and still score goals at will. I've played against him three times. The first time off a free kick he rips one upper ninety from about 35 out. The second time he gets a touch from his teammate off a freekick from the 18 and he hits a laser that goes right inside the post middle way up. The third time he hits a rip from about 10 yards in our half that had some of the sickest movement in the world, like a knuckle ball. It goes far post side net not quite upper ninety. It is ridiculous what he can do with his freekicks or his shots in general.

hat-trick
hat-trick
My list would have to be
1 Laurence Smith (BE and Georgia Southern...7 goals against ben lippen when i saw him play...)
2 Anthony Stovall (RV and USC)
3 Troy Lesesne (BC, CofC and Battery)
4 Steven Busch (MB)
5 Kyle Driver

I basically picked 5 of the 10 or so that I actually saw play from Kyle's long list.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard