Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
throw in
throw in
L
uhhhhhh CODY NATALE............imagine if he played his senior year??

M
kick off
kick off
M
yea lawrence is beast...he still has scoring record which will probably never be beat(don't know exact number but it's ridiculous)

BUT he played the whole field...in big games he would usually drop back to sweeper, other times play center mid. he should be on the battery soon if the final cut goes the right way.

one name that caught my eye was Andrew Coggins from Middleton...my sister went to school with him so I saw him play way back when I played for Charlestowne Soccer Club. He had some serious game.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Wayne,
Yes Hunter was unbelievable. At national camp, the coaches said he was the fastest person over 20 yards they had ever seen, even with a ball at his feet. It was like the ball was glued to his foot. Unbelievable.

A
Goal
Goal
A
Summerville has had some great forwards over the years--Colin Pelton, Craig Brady, David Sullivan, Wade Hathaway, Daniel Riggs and Eddie Naugle to name a few.
At Fort Dorchester, both North-South selections Kyle Schmidt and Jeremy Chinnis scored alot of huge goals for this program.Unfortunately,we were not a strong defensive team during this period.
At Stall H.S. in early 80's Billy Gibbs and Thomas Kinney were incredible forwards.
At Sumter in the late 70's Kevin Lingenfelt was a great forward as well as a kid named Butterfield in early 80's.
Sidenote--We at Summerville beat Eastside 1-0 in 84 final. Hunter Richardson played hurt(bad hammy)
and was still a huge force.Best freshman I've ever seen.

F
goal
goal
F
I can only go back to the mid-90s, but there was a kid that played for West Florence named Jason Parham. He played for the CMSA Patriots back when they were top boys Club team in the state. He was huge and could score whenever he wanted. He led the state in scoring in 4A when he was a sophomore I think and had a ridiculous amount of goals agaist the North Augusta Kicks Challenge team I played for.

Andy Kwon, who went to Duke and played at Spring Valley in HS, he may have been a mid, not a FW, was ridiculous also.

X
x Offline
goal kick
goal kick
X
tomek is (was) better than Andy. right shearer

M
throw in
throw in
M
Kyle you brought up Reggie McKnight a great player from Southside, but one of the best keepers I have ever seen also played with him on that team and I believe went to Depaul where injury limited his effectiveness. I am unable to remember his name but he was also a class individual and I hope you can remember his name.

M
throw in
throw in
M
I do realize that the discussion is about forwards but it made me remember the kid and not being able to think of his name is an itch I cannot get rid of : Williams maybe?

goal
goal
My List Part II:

1. Lionel Boisvert (Sumter and Winthrop)
2. Lawerence Smith (BE and Georgia Southern)
3. John Cooper (Riverside and Clemson)
4. Issac Porter (Wren and Eriskine)
5. Jon Eggert (Riverside and USC)

World Cup
World Cup
quote:
Kyle you brought up Reggie McKnight a great player from Southside, but one of the best keepers I have ever seen also played with him on that team and I believe went to Depaul where injury limited his effectiveness. I am unable to remember his name but he was also a class individual and I hope you can remember his name.
Mike, his name is Jeromie Johnson and he and McKnight played in the North-South Soccer Classic that season -- super talents! He lettered at DePaul University in 1997 and injuries cut short his career.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard