OP Offline
World Cup
4A - Northwestern 1-0 Spring Valley
3A - Riverside 2-1 Dreher
2A - Bishop England 2-0 Walhalla
1A - Christ Church 3-2 (PK) Lincoln

goal kick
goal kick
are you serious? Bishop England is in the Lowerstate...charelston area.

oh and if any one was curious i called the winner for all 4 games

hat-trick
hat-trick
no...close though.

Riverside Dreher. Riverside certainly proved themselves, going up 2-0 before the blue blood really got pumping in the devils. Dreher scored late, but the equalizer failed to follow.

Northwestern Spring Valley. First five minutes, and the controversy begins. Northwestern is awarded a pk after the ball pops out of the keepers hands, and Vance Benson is fouled before getting to the ball. The rest of the game is extremely hard fought, and both teams had equal chances, but failed to score. Monster games from Ben Brannon (NW), and Zack Houghton (SV).

hat-trick
hat-trick
For those of you who are wondering why Agoraphobia said what he did, and why I said no...close though, its because cabj12 posted (and deleted) "Upperstate with a sweep. Looks like some good matches were played."

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Yeah I wasn't sure about that the 2A game so I just guessed hoping that BE was from up here but I was wrong. If only I hadn't been to lazy to figure out where they were from.

goal
goal
Still, hopfully the noise about the lower state will be quite for one night.

throw in
throw in
there was NO controversy with the pk in the nw/sv game benson was taken down from behind while trying to make a play on the ball. great hard fought game by both teams. sv came to play but it was nw's match. good luck to sv next year.

coach
coach
SV/NW-
It was a definite foul in the box for the PK. It was a correct call. The ref called a great game. Twice as many fouls called on NW compared to SV, as well as 2 yellows and 1 red on NW. SV had a ton of chances to score, but could not put one away. Oh, and I am totally unbiased.
Dreher/Riverside-
Riverside dominated entire game, and shut done all of Dreher's chances. Very quick and fast team wore out Dreher. Riverside should have had couple more goals. Dreher came to life in last 5-8 mins. and put one in.

P
throw in
throw in
P
Too bad the ref swallowed his whistle in the last 5 min of the 4A game. Goalie for NW got away with 2 handed shove on a ball in the goal mouth and nothing was called, but he calls a PK in first 5 min. of the game. I f you are going to call it then, have the nuts to call it late.

D
bench
bench
D
Riverside came out and played a great game. They are a very quick team that did prove themselves. I was extremely impressed with the Riverside goalie who played very well (how did the NMB keeper recieve all-state over Riversides? I dont know) That being said, my boys from Dreher had a great season and although they did not win, they didnt come short of anything in my book. Best of luck to Coach Rowell in Florida next year, the program will miss him. As far as the SV/NW game, I thought that number 2 was getting torn up the whole game and yet nothing was called on SV for the most part. I kinda wished Valley could have put one in to make it interesting but what a hard fought game and a good season to both teams. Good luck to everyone whatever there future holds in soccer.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard