Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
F
bench
bench
F
Philly you are wrong. the ball hit the NW keeper's shoulder, and he was definitely not inside his own goal. Both teams had great chances, it was a good game

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
Anyone know how the PKs went for the CC/Lincoln game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tragic way for SV to loose. As much an undeserved win for NW as it was and unearned lose for SV. Game deserved to go to OT and most likely PKs for find the winner.
It was definately a championship caliber game with just one flaw.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I have to say that the 4A game was not as exiting as the playoff games leading up to it. I was dissapointed in SV. Play was too direct with everything having to go through Sean Flynn, The other forward did nothing for SV. And for all the talk about big fields and NW play, nothing but direct to Kropp and Enzo. Enzo did well but a couple of different decisions could have resulted in better opportunities.

Very little wing play to unbalance the defense. Parker and Paddy did not click together to control the midfield, although Paddy was more apt to look for the wide players.

And lastly, I had seen Sv do this before but to attack in the air against NWs defense was not a good idea. Suffice to say that prior to the game I thought SV would win as I felt they would match up better but needed a little more umph.

PK.... I do not know ... it was a call that the referee certainly was in the best position to make. For sure NW played very aggresive from the first whistle and kept SV on their heels for most the first half, well done.

As for a final not a pretty game but finals seldom are. NW prevented anything that SV could think off and therefore deserved the win.

Hey Magpie was that you with the Newcastle shirt in the stands?

M
kick off
kick off
M
--tellit
CC easily made all four of theirs. The Lincoln keeper waited in the center of the goal until the ball was struck to make a decision.
First Lincoln guy blasted it over the top. The next two made theirs and then their fourth was blocked by the CC keeper. The CC keeper (who was subbed in after the starter got a bloody nose or something late in the game) had a good strategy and would shift back and forth on the line. He would move all the way to the right side (from my POV), thus seeming to force all of Lincoln to shoot left.

Regardless, the game was amazing, and I was quite happy to see some extra time.

D
bench
bench
D
From my view, Spring Valley ran into the keeper, not once, but twice The second was deliberate and at least two seconds after the keeper had the ball. The PK had to be called, sorry. NW had the ball 1 yard in front of the goal and got hammered. NW #2 was held the entire game. Most of the time, he kept the advantage, so the ref never blew it dead, but he would have scored 3 to 4 goals if he would have been played straight up instead of being held. He got dropped hard, in the box, late in the 2nd half, which easily should have been another PK for NW. In my opinion, the better team won. I hate to see the game end 1 - 0 on a PK, but you can't blame anyone but the defender who committed the penalty.

S
bench
bench
S
Riverside played well enough to come out on top at the end. Congrats on winning state...i dont remember dreher having played a harder team. Well-played match.

That being said, Dreher had a simply magical season. The fight that dreher put up near the end of the game was a testiment to the heart the team had all season. This years team was THE best in school history and, i think, one of the best ever to represent the lower state. Yall represented us all year.

Win or lose, i think the biggest disapointment was the realization that, after the game, the ride was over. But what a ride it was.

Coach Rowell will be missed.
Our seniors will be missed.

Good luck to all of you. And Thanks.

throw in
throw in
yes that was me. again that was a great game and yes i don't think that the pk should have decided the game, however that being said the ref made the correct call and ben nailed the pk to win it. enzo was harrassed the entire game but from what i saw there were only 2 or 3 cases where a foul should have been called. as far as kropp getting the red at the end of the game....he must have said something to the ref to get the red. he was pulled around while trying to make a play on the ball...the ref didn't call it....so kropp pushed the sv player..the ref came over and after some words produced the red. i don't know about the ref swallowing his whisle although he missed some potentially(sp?) crucial calls going both ways towards the end of the game.

Just a question about time keeping. I didn't watch the clock much but why was there no stoppage time? were they stopping the clock during the match?

D
goal kick
goal kick
D
riverside deserved the win. as much as it pains me to say it they outplayed us for most of the game. they were faster and despite our height advantage they seemed to win a lot of balls. they stifled our offense and kept us on the run and from ever getting any great opportunities. and they were able to get two quality opportunities and put them in. they definetly had more depth and were able to keep putting in fresh legs. bennys goal was just too little too late...had it come 10 minutes earlier things may have been different. congratulations to the 11 seniors on dreher and one foreign exchange student who played their last game for the blue. this senior class has truly had a great run the last three years.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I think most people who know about soccer and those who have been around the game for a while would agree that SV was the better SOCCER team. I'm not saying NW is bad, their forwards were great-SV had the defense to match though, but they did not play much true soccer. I saw one attack built through the midfield, all their other chances came from "bootballs" straight out of the back, skipping the midfield. I guess thats the game most teams nowadays are playing... As for that red card, the NW player said nothing to the ref, what he did do was push the SV defender down, and as he was getting up, he shoved his boot in the face of the defender, horrible sportsmanship, the ref made the correct call. It was a hell of a game regardless of the team you were rooting for and it should have gone into overtime.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard