Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
The state newspaper can't keep statistics very well. No way they had 19 shots.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
22...I don't know which game the State Newspaper was watching but they certainly got the shot count incorrect...I believe RHS wouldn't mind meeting up you Dreher next year as well.

D
bench
bench
D
i don't know if it was 19 shots, but dreher definately did take more shots then riverside, but other then maybe five of them they weren't really good shots. regardless of shot count, riverside outplayed dreher, enough said.

C
bench
bench
C
dreher didnt show up and im dissapointed with the coaching dreher had fresh players whose style of play could have changed the game such as adam dilahay(spelling?) who when he did go in dreher scored a goal and then was takin out i think it was a poor coaching job

I
bench
bench
I
The Spring Valley forward would have had to go through the keeper to get to the ball. I did not see the forward's body react to the "supposed push" beyond stopping momentum and do not think the forward was going to get to the ball. True, the keeper from Northwestern put both his hands on the SV forward but if you recall, the keeper went backward to make the save. Not a push in this referees book. A no call at this level and higher.

irefsoc

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Even if Dreher had of showed up they would have got beaten by Riverside. And if I was the coach I would for the most part keep my starters in during a championship game and count on my best players to change the game instead of some sub.

C
bench
bench
C
do you realise what your saying that if dreher played better they still would have lost? I have watched dreher play all year long and they did not play well in the championship. In the any game you are supposed to sub,there is a stratagy behind it no team cannot sub in the championship and win. Your starters have the oppritunity to change the game and if they do not then as a coach its your responsibilty to put in someone who will. You use a sub as a way to change the momentume of the game in your favor. Im not tying to take away from riverside im just saying dreher didnt play to there potential and the subing was not well timed or planned.

R
throw in
throw in
R
quote:
Originally posted by cnsoccer09:
dreher didnt show up and im dissapointed with the coaching dreher had fresh players whose style of play could have changed the game such as adam dilahay(spelling?) who when he did go in dreher scored a goal and then was takin out i think it was a poor coaching job

Thanks for the help. Send your resume to Coach DuBard since you seem to be interested in the job.

As for subs, Dreher used 6 in the State Championship game. Adam did do a good job but for your information, Adam asked to come out of the game...that's why I subbed him out. Also, he was actually on the bench when we scored because I subbed him back in for the last 2+ minutes after the goal.

As for the others...to win 18 games in a row takes a lot of luck and great ability. We stuck with the plan for all 18 of those games and were highly successful. Yesterday, we didn't quite have the luck or fire until late, however it was a magical season and I'm proud of all 24 guys on the team.

As for opponents...I think Spring Valley, Northwestern, Norman North, Irmo, Maulden, Lexington, North Myrtle Beach, BC, and Chapin are on par with Riverside. It's just on this day...they did a little more than we did.

Finally now that it's over for the last two weeks or so we've had some pretty major injuries...Carl's ankle (and illness), Benny's groin, George's hamsting and groin, Asher's hamsting, Arne's quad/hip, Ed Smith's ankle, and John's hamstring. However, the guys perservered and continued to play through it.

I'm proud of them and the program.

Many thanks to the fans who were awesome all year and especially showed up loud and strong in the playoffs.

bench
bench
Because of all those players hurt isn't that even more of a reason to sub. To give the starters a rest and i also agree with cnsoccer09 that it was a poor coaching job.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I don't think Rowell did a bad job, after all, I don't think any coach who coaches a team to the state championship can do a "bad" job, there may have been a few different things he could have done better, but hey nobody's perfect especially under all that pressure. You should give him more respect for getting his team there in the first place. If the championship was a best of 3 series I think Dreher would have won.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard